Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

I live in UK (sponsor) my wife in Pakistan (applicant) and we are submitting our documents soon.
However, I have been a director of a company for the past 8 months, but have resigned as a director a week ago. But I continue to work under the same limited company as an employer. I read that I must have over 12 months of bank statements and payslips. But now that I am not a director, can I submit my documents of the past 6 months? I hope this makes sense and someone reply cause I am really worried 馃様

Registered
I don't think you can submit documents from the past when you were a director to meet the requirement as employee. So I imagine you'll have to wait 6 months and only send documents arising from your time as employee. Your letter of employment should spell this out.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your reply.
Looks like I'm doomed as I have already sent the online application and payed everything.
Do you have any idea how deep they study people's cases? I mean would they really care that I was a director before?
My employer letter mentions that I Work as an employer and not as a director because the letter was very recent.

Registered
Very deeply indeed. They will probably contact HMRC about your company status and tax position. They will soon find out you were a director. Your letter should have stated when you began working for them as employee. There is an element of deceitfulness in all this, and dishonesty can be punished by up to 10 years' ban from entering UK, for your wife, even though she probably has nothing to do with the deception.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.