Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I am in Melbourne from February with my wife who is doing master in I.T. From RMIT.
I am working in Melbourne cbd in mobile phone service centre as a technician .
My company wants me to work for full time but due to my baby and wife study I cannot.
My boss is ready to sponsor me for 457.
For this I have met with some lawyers they are ready to proceed with my case but every lawyer tell different things/ categories in which I can apply.
I am 1985 born and I am from India.I had done 3 year diploma in computer science in 2005. Then I had done 1 year mobile phone repair course . And after that I have started my workshop in India and my business still running there.
Now my question is that
Can I go for 457 ?
In which category I can apply ?
Do I need skill assessment ?
As I mentioned I already met with some lawyers but still confused
Because I donot want to waste my money on lawyer fee, ielts test and visa.
So please help me with this .
Regards
Smartengghelp

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
The migration agents (make sure they are registered with OMARA - they should be able to provide you their registration number so you can confirm they are registered) should provide you with a summary of the occupation they'd propose you apply under and explain why they think you'd qualify. Listen to what they have to say and see if you are confident they know what they're talking about. Your employer will need to nominate you under the same occupation so you if cost is a concern, you can wait until the nomination is approved to know if that stage of the process has been successful before spending money on your IELTS and application fees.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts