1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the difference between VAF4A FORM and VAF1A

which form to fill in for FIANCE VISA

is FIANCE VISA belongs to settlement?

Where can i pay the visa fee from london? can i pay debit card online or can it be done at VFS in manila?

if in the website says £851 for fiance visa fee / if we are paying from the Philippines, do i have to convert it in Peso and will it be from today's rate or there is specific amount if paying in PEso

·
Registered
41 Posts
VAF4A- Documents to submit when applying for a visa to enter the UK to settle as the fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of someone settled, or going to settle, in the UK.
VAF1A- This form is for use outside the UK only.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
VAF4A- Documents to submit when applying for a visa to enter the UK to settle as the fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of someone settled, or going to settle, in the UK.
VAF1A- This form is for use outside the UK only.
Thank you for your reply James, My fiance will be applying for Fiance visa from the Philippines so needs to be done online does he needs VAF4A then?

VAF1A - for outside the UK / so he is in the Philippines. outside Uk...

Still confused i'm sorry

·
Registered
368 Posts
VAF1A for visit visa.

VAF4A for settlement visa.
Also how is VAF4A different from VAF4B? as I have been advised to re-aaply using VAF4B as my husband is on his new job less than six months period, I have gone thru the form and came to know thru its title that it's for returning resident then how is it for new jobs. If its for returning residents then previously we would have applied for that as we were returning residents. Confused with forms?
Also Joppa Sir, would like your response on my checklist post too.

·
Registered
39,085 Posts
You are not a returning resident. It's those who have ILR and are returning to UK after a spell abroad.

·
Registered
368 Posts
You are not a returning resident. It's those who have ILR and are returning to UK after a spell abroad.
Yeah, I agree but then how VAF4B is for applicants with new job is my question as its says its for returning residents.

·
Registered
39,085 Posts
Don't worry about it. It's for those with ILR who have stayed away longer than 2 years and now want to return to UK with settled status, free from immigration control.
If you are applying under Cat B, you compete relevant sections of Appendix 2 plus VAF4A.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.