Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone..
I am new to this forum..I seek your advice..I have started my PR process for Australia immigration in June , i already got the approval from ACS to apply for visa..I am an IT engineer..

I have been reading about racism attacks on indians in Australia and recession in Australia...I will be looking for a job in IT industry..I am planning to register for an IELTS exam now..

I am actually in 2 minds, if i should really go ahead with the PR process and pay the consultant charges and give the exm or just stay in the country(Dubai) i am right now..

Need advise from guys already there in Australia or those planning to move..

Please help me out..

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
HI fs

congratulations on positive assessment. search teh forum for racism, this was discussed in the past. as for the visa application and processing, it depends how your case is, if u feel confident, u dont need an agent. the most critical is ACS assessment, once that is done, u dont need to worry much about visa application, u hv to send teh same papers tht u sent for assessment and a few additional documents like your spouse work exp and educational documents along with IELTS result and birth certificates/proofs.

if u need any assistance, feel free to ask here, u will get info on almost everything here.

cheers and wish u luck

anj

·
Registered
379 Posts
Buddy

Welcome to this forum

Don’t worry about racial attacks; it is there in every western country. But India media (especially times now) is targeting only Oz and making good business. Reliability of these news channels and background is different story. AUS govt also realized that it is important to secure Indians as they are the main income source of Oz education industry (VISA factory)

PR is best option for people who plan for long term in Oz, if you want to spend only short time and come back home country then visa 457 is ok ( employer sponsored ) but not now , may be after 1 year , once the Oz market return to normal then you can look for job

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello,

There is racism everywhere around the world, but Australia has a system that will protect you. I am sure you will be very fine there. Go ahead with the immigration process!

Good luck!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Hallo fshalkh.......

You go for Ielts exam, Pay the consultant fees and apply for Visa.
It will take time to get Visa. May be at that time there will be a relief to recession.

At the time when you get visa go to Australia and validate visa and come back to UAE if you like that country.
......................................................................................................................
Agent applied April 2007
TRA Positive September 2007
IELTS Pased January 2008
Applied Visa 175 April 2008 (Paper visa MODL, CSL ,)
Received File no: November 2008
Got CO and Medicals July 2009
MEDICALS and PCC finalized July 30th 2009
Waiting for Visa.???

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hi fs

I say go for it and hold your head up high, your skills are needed like the rest of us, so why shouldn't you go and live in Oz. I am a white british girlie and have lived here since the off, but even i get racial comments, such as:- being a ghost and whitie and thats in my own country!! Take no notice of the sad minority and live your life as you want it to be.... ellisa

1 - 6 of 6 Posts