Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been reading lots of forums in expat forun and many people have the same problem as me. I am currently in malaysia but wiuld like to relocate to either melbourne australia and toronto canada. Every week i change my mind based on several factors. I need to make a decision as soon as possible. I have friends in Australia but no friends in canada that is why u cannot compare. My friends in australia say the wages in australia are amazing and i can make lots of money as a student.
Australia wins when it comes to job opportunities while i am studying. IN canada i have to wait 6 months before i can work
Canada winsin terms of scenery and experience due to co-op program. Proximity to USA. I fo not like cold weather but i love the fact that i can experience all four seasons.
I need people from the forum to help me make the decision. Which is a better option for a 24yr old ready to work hard and make money. Also start a family when. i an ready. Less racial discrimination

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What if i am going there as a student? I am not going with a workpermit. I intend to do my masters in human resource then work after that. With my student visa i will only work 20hrs a week.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My instinct says australia is better but i do not want to make the wrong decision. My parents will be paying my fees but i would be required to take care of my living expenses.. I should bgin my application process soon because i should either be in australia by july or canada by september.. Wish me luck..
Need advice from people in canada as well..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks jb12. I am guessing australia is the best option for me. I feel it in my guts bt i dont want to make a mistake. Thanks for your advice..
At meagan. Thanks for the advice too. Are you in australia now? Can u tell me the difference between living expenses and salaries. Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I applied to study at seneca college in downtown toronto and also cqu universith in melbourne. I will be studying HR. Im happy for you and your husband as thats quite a good deal. I have heard that winnipeg is alot colder than everywhere else bt toronto is cold as well. I would like to know much more about canada too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.