Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Hi Kaindi,

I would say follow what your instinct is telling you and not so much of what you read in this forum. Just use the information as your guide. Do your pros and cons of each country and what you want to happen to you in the future.

It is probably true that the wages are amazing in Australia to what your friends say. However, have they told you what the cost of living and other expenses are too? Deduct that from your other expenses. I have a relative there on a student visa. His opportunity to work the 20 hours per week would never be enough to pay for tuition, books, housing,etc. on his own. He gets financial assistance from his parents as well.

Do you already have your finances set up to pay for your tuition,etc. and that your working 20 hrs/week is only to pay for smaller items such as food,etc.?

Does Australia not offer co-op program? Either way, having the co-op or internship experience will help when your will be graduating and start applying for a job. This is whether it is in Australia or Canada. Also, why just these two countries, is it harder to get a student visa in the US?

Good luck!

·
Registered
351 Posts
If your instincts say Australia, then you should proceed with that. Like in anything in life, there are times that it's difficult to know in advance if you are making the right decision - it's a risk. But the one good thing about going to Australia is that you already have friends there. They can assist you in somethings that you may need help with. At least you will have some peace of mind.

With going to Canada, it will be an adventure since you don't know anyone. As for which country has job prospects, I think that also is not easy to predict. Your chances in both countries is probably the same depending in what you will degree you will be graduating with since you would need to be sponsored.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.