Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all,

I am new to the forum, so I'll introduce myself, my name is Victoria, I am currently in the very early stages of looking to see if I can join my boyfriend out in the UAE if/when he gets work out there.

I have searched a lot, but there seems to be mixed messages about whether you can legally live together out there without being married.

Neither of us have thought about getting married just yet, and I don't want that to turn into just a means to get into the country with him. If that makes sense!

Does anyone know for sure what the actual ruling is?

Any advice would be great! Thanks in advance!

V x :):confused:

·
Registered
4,518 Posts
It is illegal for unmarried people to live together and to even sleep together! If you get caught, then the full force of the law will bear down on you!

Saying that, there are a lot of unmarried couples who do live together. It's up to you whether you want to take the risk. Yes, the authorities are aware of this but they have better things to do than to knock on every door and ask for marriage certificates. You just need to keep your head down and not attract attention to yourselves. Don't give your neighbours any reason to call the police and report you for anything. And if asked, of course you are married!

Bear in mind that your boyfriend will not be able to sponsor you and you will either need to find your own job and be sponsored by your employer or keep doing visa runs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the reply, I have heard of people living together, wasn't sure if maybe they were a bit lax for foreigners. I'm starting to think that I'll be more hassle than I'm worth to take with him! Shame, we were really looking forward to spending a few years out there together!

Thanks again!

Vick x

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.