Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:Hello friends
As we are in a confused world I really appreciate if you could help me out regarding some of my queries.

We are a family of 4 (my hubby, myself and 2 kids aged 2.5 years and 1.2 years). We have got a permanent resident status granted recently. My hubby is a .Net Project manager and I am a Businss devt. manager. We want to move to Canada but are a bit confused about the same.

We have plans of trying for jobs after landing in Canada (May end) but are not sure of the state we would try for.... currently we have got suggestions that Toronto is a place with highest job opportunities and missisauga is a place which is reasonable to reside in.. Pls let us know if we have got the right information. Would also appreciate if you any one has a clue of the place which has the demand for .net or software jobs...

We are confused because first of all we dont know the place we will be going to... second is as our elder kid is 2.5 we will need to find a playschool for him... but back to square 1..as we are not sure of the place we can't think of anything...

Lastly I would also like to know if we can bring our recently bought LCD of 32 inches from India (28 hours journey). If it is well packed is it possible to get it by flight? As I have paid 1500 CAD I am a bit worried if I have to leave it behind...

Thank you so much for reading my confusions..:eek:
Would be grateful if you could help me out.

·
Registered
295 Posts
If your TV is North American standard it will work. That means 120 V 60 hz power input and NTSC standard, not PAL or SECAM. I suspect Indian is PAL. I am guessing you would be best off to sell it & re-purchase. Ontario is in a deeper recession than places like Alberta & BC since its manufacturing base mainly sells to the US which is in bad shape. You can start in Toronto, but don't get too settled, in case you have to move west. Myself, if I was coming from India I would consider Vancouver first, its a lot warmer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts