Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I am newbie here… and I have been reading this blog for about 2 months now. I need some assistance and guidance on my queries please. I know this post in lengthy, but please ready to better understand my question.

I am in a huge confusion / dilemma on my situation. TO introduce myself, I am an MBA Graduate with 5 years of experience. I have been working in the same company since I started my career. The idea of immigrating to Australia stuck my mind when one of my close friend applied for visa and migrated to OZ. He visited India about 3 months back and was pushing me to think of immigration for a better life and career.

So... Talking about my experience, I was hired and deputed as an HR Advisor / HR Executive at my company. This is a small company with hardly 60+ employees and I was one of the 5 member HR Team. With an MBA degree, I thought HR would be a fruitful career and opted this job, though I was interested in Software Engineering (I am Certified Software Engineer). HR field was my passion and dealing & interacting with people and involving in management roles was always my interest. But… on the other side, I was also a technology freak and I learned .Net Technologies during summer vacation and somehow I got attracted towards Software Programming as well. I ended up not only learning .Net, but I also completed some small projects as a freelancer and successfully delivered it. This all happened before I completed my MBA and I always kept my skillset updated both technically (.Net) and on the HR side.

After my education, I got an offer as an HR Executive in this company and without any hesitation, I accepted the offer. From my homework during the interview process, I knew that this company deals with a lot of Software Projects, and I highlighted my technical skills during the interview and they were impressed. After about 6 months I joined here, one of my VP offer me a little different kind of role. He wanted me to be involved in client interactions and also wanted to assign some tasks on programming side and he thought my communication and technical skills will be useful for them. So I started playing a role of more like an “Analyst” and also I continued to take care of HR Activities as well. I was promoted and recognized only as an HR Executive, but not as an Analyst and I was ok with that.

After working for 5 years, when this idea of immigration started, I consulted an immigration agency, and they said the CSOL was open for HR Adviser and I should apply soon. So I gathered all the documents, payslips and everything and applied for VETASSESS Skill Assessment back in Feb 2015. Before I applied for SA, I was just blindly going as per the directions of my agent, but, after applying for SA with VA, I got introduced to this website.

I was reading a lot of posting and started to understand the process, rather slowly and things started to scare me a LOT! I now see that there is very less demand (almost nothing) for HR Adviser role and there are not much vacancies on invitations being offered. This started to worry me a lot now. I had multiple conversations with my agents, but he always says not worry and wait till SA results are out. As of yet, the SA is still pending and I already lost of my hopes in this category of occupation.

However, I recently, like last week had a chat with VP about my roles and responsibilities and designations etc and as I expected, he is very comfortable to give me experience letter and any required letter as a Business Analyst or Systems Analyst or Software Analyst as per my need and requirement as I was handling these kind of roles directly. I thought I did a BIG MISTAKE by applying as a HR Adviser because the chances of getting through in this process are very less.

I have been thinking a lot about whole visa processing, and I came up with some options. I have seen CSOL in different states, and most of them have vacancies for “Systems Analyst” or “Software Analyst” roles, which are assessed by ACS. I have an option to change my resume, skillset and apply as an “Analyst” role which is assessed by ACS with genuine employer provided documents. But I am concerned because my application in VETASSESS is “In Progress”. So I need the below questions to be answered to get more clarity and do decide something.

1) Can I withdraw my VETASSESS Application for the HR Adviser category?? It has almost been 8-9 weeks since I applied
2) Is there any connection between VETASSESS and ACS? Can 1 candidate apply for 2 assessments from 2 different bodies at the same time?
3) Will there be any risk involved if I decide to apply for another skill assessment while VETASSESS is in process?
4) What are the chances that I may be successful to get visa in the HR Adviser category as the demand in this skill in decreasing day by day
5) Will there be any issue if I go for ACS and VETASSESS at the same time?

I really need an EXPERT advice on this issue and genuine guidance is highly appreciated. I know this is a lengthy post, but I wanted to make sure everyone understands my situation and gives a right direction. Thanks a lot all and I am glad to now be a part of this forum.

And.. ya, I forgot to mention, I didn’t consult my agency yet on this issue. I wanted to get advice / clarity from experts before they feed me their own subject in my mind.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Are you aiming to claim points under 189 or 190?

If you are positive on the points claim for 189 you have made on the HR skills assessment then wait for that to complete. Once you get your Visa and arrive here, it's up to you to tailor your CV based on the multiple skills you possess (HR, SE, Analyst) and apply appropriately.

The approved 189 Visa does not bind you to look for jobs in the approved skills category and you can work anywhere in any stream as long as you can prove it from your experience history trail and obviously meet the interviewer's expectations.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply....

Unfortunately, HR Adviser category falls under 190 category of visa. That's why I want to apply for ACS assessment under 189 category for a faster and successful processing timeline.

I need clarification on below:

1) Can I apply for both Vetassess and ACS SA at the same time in different skill categories?
2) Will there be any objection or question from DIBP or any governing body, as I already applied and waiting for assessment in another category.

The point is I don't want to rush and land in to trouble by applying for both at the same time, so I need more information please.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for your reply....

Unfortunately, HR Adviser category falls under 190 category of visa. That's why I want to apply for ACS assessment under 189 category for a faster and successful processing timeline.

I need clarification on below:

1) Can I apply for both Vetassess and ACS SA at the same time in different skill categories?
2) Will there be any objection or question from DIBP or any governing body, as I already applied and waiting for assessment in another category.

The point is I don't want to rush and land in to trouble by applying for both at the same time, so I need more information please.
Hi did you find a solution for this, could you share your experience?

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts