Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Three months ago me and my husband got married in india. however, I earn £13,000 from my job a year and have £25,000 in savings is it possible to make an application and also is the application made here in the UK or do i have to make it in India with my husband and which documents do i need is it possible to get a list? Will there i have to attend any interviews?

Thank you

opensing

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
You need to check out the requirements on the UKBA website for the requirements. You will need £27, 200 in savings held in your account for 6 months. Your husband must make the application in India.

Good luck.

·
Registered
91 Posts
You do not have to be in India but all of the documents, along with the application, must be sent as a complete package from your husband's address in India (or you could use an agency). They won't allow multiple parcels with information.

My husband sent everything, once it was all compiled, and I opened it, made copies, and sent it right back out.

Also, remember that they do require his passport so he will not be able to visit while the application is being processed. My husband and I made sure to get a visit in before sending out our stuff.

Remember to send everything that you need; I hear they have been less likely to request more documentation and more likely to deny applications if they're incomplete. Gather photos, screenshots, email logs, pay slips, bank statements- everything- and send it to him.

You should check out this forum and perhaps search "UK spouse visa checklist" for an idea of what you'll need. I'm pasting below mine. Note that "2 copies" means the original document plus a photocopy:

- Application (online and 2 printed copies)
- VAF4 Appenix 2 (online and 2 printed copies)
- biometrics receipt (2 copies)
- application fee receipt (2 copies)
- worldbridge priority receipt (2 copies) to go on top
- return package label
- write "settlement priority" on the front and back

My info:
- current passport
- previous passport
- intro letter
- 2 passport sized photos

Husband's info:
- passport bio page copy (2 copies) in color
- 6 months of bank statements within 28 days of date of application (2 copies)
- 6 months of pay stubs within 28 days days of date of application (2 copies)
- P60s (think we have two) (2 copies of each)
- employment contract (2 copies)
- signed letter from his boss (2 copies)
- signed intro letter from my husband (2 copies)

Accommodation:
- tenancy agreement (2 copies)
- letter from estate agency (saying I can be added to tenancy agreement only if a visa is granted) (2 copies)
- council tax bill (has both our names on it) (2 copies)
- utility bills (talktalk and water) (2 copies)
- floorplan (2 copies)

Shared info:
- marriage certificate and copy
- photos from ceremony at register's office (2, one for the original pile and one for the copy pile)
- photo evidence of us together, dated, 2 each, each within 6 months of the other
- facebook message screenshots (2 copies)
- facetime/skype screenshots (2 copies)
- call records (2 copies)
- flight itineraries of our visits (2 copies)
- hotel/event receipts (2 copies)

Please keep in mind I applied from the US, not India, and your husband will be required to supply additional documents like perhaps an English language document (proof that he can communicate with you, in English) and a TB test (depends on the country).

GOOD LUCK!!! Don't send the application until you're certain everything is in order; there aren't any refunds!

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Hi there,

Three months ago me and my husband got married in india. however, I earn £13,000 from my job a year and have £25,000 in savings is it possible to make an application and also is the application made here in the UK or do i have to make it in India with my husband and which documents do i need is it possible to get a list? Will there i have to attend any interviews?
As your income is £5,600 short, you need 5600 x 2.5 + 16000 = £30,000 in savings, the balance not dropping in a cash account for 6 months before application. Or you can do overtime or get a second job to plug the gap.
While comparing someone else's list is interesting, it's your application and documents must reflect your own particular situation. So compile your own list from UKBA site and guidance, and ask for clarification here if you aren't sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.