Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm currently on a student visa which is going to expire in september 2017 and i still haven't been able to finish my course not even half way.

i have 65 points without nomination(age=30,degree=15,pte=20 261313 software engineer).

my question is if i voluntarily cancel my student visa or let it expire naturally and go back to my country after submitting EOI, will it have any effect on my 189 application outcome?
i'm very confused about whether to extend my student visa(going through financial hardship) or cancel my student visa. i don't have much time and any help would be appreciated thank you

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
i'm currently on a student visa which is going to expire in september 2017 and i still haven't been able to finish my course not even half way.

i have 65 points without nomination(age=30,degree=15,pte=20 261313 software engineer).

my question is if i voluntarily cancel my student visa or let it expire naturally and go back to my country after submitting EOI, will it have any effect on my 189 application outcome?
i'm very confused about whether to extend my student visa(going through financial hardship) or cancel my student visa. i don't have much time and any help would be appreciated thank you
Try for some odd jobs,financial hardships are common when in student visa.
I suggest, extend student visa which is best option in my opinion ,lodge 189 ,then you will be on BV.

still you want to get back to your country, then don't cancel student visa by yourself, let it expire itself, only matter of few months.

In either way, there will be no affect on your PR application.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the response . i am working a part time job but don't think i have enough time to save for semester fee and then extension (i was expecting money from parents but my father has had a temporary setback). i guess going back home and continuing with the 189 application would be the best option as others like you have told me my student visa expiry will not affect my 189 application.
thanks again for responding i appreciate it

·
Registered
4,230 Posts

If you can lodge your EOI and get invite by September before your student visa expires, then you won't have to leave Aus and can still do full time work and get a job.

Then again, if it is difficult for you to continue in student visa till Sept since you will need to pay tuition now, then better to leave Aus.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts