Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm new to this forum and planning to apply for ACS skill assessment under 261312 code. I have a question for my current employment. I'm not on salary basis with my current employer. Have signed a contract and getting paid through paypal/cheque/cash according to project completion. I have contract papers,payslips,bank statements,tax return. Even they are ready to give employment refernce that I'm working with them since Dec'12 and its 40+hrs/week. Is it sufficient to claim points for that period or is it compulsory to be on salary basis?

Please reply

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi dimpy01,

so you are working for them as a freelancer or something like that? Refer to the ACS Skills Assessment Guidelines and read the section on self-employed applicants. If you can get a reference letter (most important!) and have evidence of a salary or contract payments (bank statements, tax return documents etc.) you should be fine.

How can you have payslips if you are not employed? Sounds irregular to me....

Monika

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Monika,

I'm not self employed. You can say a kind of freelancer, but I'm working for them on full day basis,its just not on salary as we have agreement of projectwise payment. For Payslips- I meant that I have whole statement records signed by them whatver the payment they have given till date.

As stated,I will surely get the reference letter from them,have contract papers,bank statements and tax return documents with me.

If they consider it as freelancer,would I be able to claim points for that period? Is freelancer work allowed?

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi dimpy01,

sure, as long as you have the necessary documentation. If ACS considers the evidence not sufficient you'll know when you get the result letter ;), but I'd try to get it assessed if I were you.

Cheers,
Monika

1 - 4 of 4 Posts