Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm a US citizen married to a UK citizen. I'm currently in the UK on the visitor visa and will soon return to the USA to apply for the spouse visa.

My spouse has recently started a new job paying 26,000 pounds a year before taxes (permanent salaried job). Before this he was a PhD student getting paid under 14,000 pounds a year, so we did not meet the income requirement.

We plan to apply for the spouse visa soon, and I know he meets the income requirements, but I am concerned about the incoming and outgoing money on his bank statement. Basically, since relocating for his first job after uni and not having much furniture, etc, every month we are almost spending everything he earns. One month it was 1740 pounds in income, but we spent 1730. This month it was similar, we only saved 90 pounds this month. We have about 2300 pounds in the checking account that we are not using.

Will this have any effect on our chances of approval for the visa? Thanks. :)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hi, I'm a US citizen married to a UK citizen. I'm currently in the UK on the visitor visa and will soon return to the USA to apply for the spouse visa.

My spouse has recently started a new job paying 26,000 pounds a year before taxes (permanent salaried job). Before this he was a PhD student getting paid under 14,000 pounds a year, so we did not meet the income requirement.

We plan to apply for the spouse visa soon, and I know he meets the income requirements, but I am concerned about the incoming and outgoing money on his bank statement. Basically, since relocating for his first job after uni and not having much furniture, etc, every month we are almost spending everything he earns. One month it was 1740 pounds in income, but we spent 1730. This month it was similar, we only saved 90 pounds this month. We have about 2300 pounds in the checking account that we are not using.

Will this have any effect on our chances of approval for the visa? Thanks. :)
I don't think they're worried how you spend your money, only that you meet the minimum income requirement. He needs six months worth of payslips and bank statements covering the same period that clearly show the payments from the payslips. If you cross April before you apply then do include a P60 as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.