Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have couple of questions.

1.The following is mentioned on the ACS website,"If your Diploma or Vendor Certification is assessed as having an ICT major which is closely
related to your nominated occupation, you will require 5 years relevant work experience. "

If 2 years of my work experience is being considered for 'Bachelor Degree or Higher with an ICT Major', will it AGAIN be counted as part of 5 years of relevant work experience required for assessing the Vendor Certification ?

2."A Statutory Declaration or Affidavit written by a work colleague needs to describe the working relationship with you, the details of the duties you performed and with relevant dates of the employment. It is preferable that the work colleague writing the declaration be at a supervisory level."

I am unable to get the experience letter from my current employer. I can get the statutory declaration from my manager but would prefer to avoid him. According to ACS, it is not mandatory that declaration should be from your supervisor or a senior colleague, can I get it from a co-worker who has the same designation has me ?

·
Registered
549 Posts
I have couple of questions.

1.The following is mentioned on the ACS website,"If your Diploma or Vendor Certification is assessed as having an ICT major which is closely
related to your nominated occupation, you will require 5 years relevant work experience. "

If 2 years of my work experience is being considered for 'Bachelor Degree or Higher with an ICT Major', will it AGAIN be counted as part of 5 years of relevant work experience required for assessing the Vendor Certification ?

2."A Statutory Declaration or Affidavit written by a work colleague needs to describe the working relationship with you, the details of the duties you performed and with relevant dates of the employment. It is preferable that the work colleague writing the declaration be at a supervisory level."

I am unable to get the experience letter from my current employer. I can get the statutory declaration from my manager but would prefer to avoid him. According to ACS, it is not mandatory that declaration should be from your supervisor or a senior colleague, can I get it from a co-worker who has the same designation has me ?
1. That is only applicable if Vendor certification is all you have. Since you have ICT bachelor degree, the vendor certification will not be considered as your highest qualification. Hence, not applicable.

2. I believe many people get it from their colleagues. ACS may not be a problem. But later during your Visa application verification, those guys call your company for verification. So keep that in mind. Your colleague's version of your responsibilities should match what your HR will tell them. I have seen a case recently where someone got a Natural Justice letter because his roles and responsibilities did not match during verification.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts