Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings everyone,

Its my first post here, so pls excuse my writing.

I have applied for 885 on 28th june 2010 and I am under priority 4 now.
I have applied for new ICT Business Analyst - ANZSCO 261111 on 15th of feb in order to bring my file to p-3. Still waiting for outcome from the ACS.

According to 18 march 2011 processing status they are processing 2/09/2010 files for p-3 and visa 885(e-lodged).

1. May be after a month I will get my ACS skill assessment, Will I be able to move my file to priority 3 as the time for that has already passed?

2. I am currently working as database support officer since last one year in Melbourne; can that be helpful to move my file to p-3?

3. What should I do?

Thanks in advance for your support

Cheers
Jatin

·
Registered
115 Posts
Greetings everyone,
1. May be after a month I will get my ACS skill assessment, Will I be able to move my file to priority 3 as the time for that has already passed?
I doubt that you would be able to move to cat 3 as the ASCO -ANZSCO code transition period has already passed.

Greetings everyone,
2. I am currently working as database support officer since last one year in Melbourne; can that be helpful to move my file to p-3?
NO it wont make any difference.
I am working here for the last 2.5 years on 457 as Software enngineer but it doesnt add to my priority.

Greetings everyone,
3. What should I do?
You can do one thing, but it will be a bit expensive and that too if you get successfull assessment from ACS for ICT Business Analyst .

This way you can cancel your last application and file a brand new application in CAT 3.

Regards
YKS

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I doubt that you would be able to move to cat 3 as the ASCO -ANZSCO code transition period has already passed.

NO it wont make any difference.
I am working here for the last 2.5 years on 457 as Software enngineer but it doesnt add to my priority.

You can do one thing, but it will be a bit expensive and that too if you get successfull assessment from ACS for ICT Business Analyst .

This way you can cancel your last application and file a brand new application in CAT 3.

Regards
YKS
Thanks Mate

I will go for 3rd option then, as even if I do new application after a month I can get PR earlier than priority 4 and I can add my wife in new application.

Will I able to withdraw my application and will be allocated to the Priority 3?

Cheers
Jatin

·
Registered
115 Posts
Will I able to withdraw my application and will be allocated to the Priority 3?
Sorry mate no idea about that...depends what was the condition for withdrawing application when u filed the appliation.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I recently got my New skill Assessment from the ACS for ICT Business Analyst, still I am wondering where should I attach my document or where should I send it so my file will move to the priority 3?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently got my New skill Assessment from the ACS for ICT Business Analyst, still I am wondering where should I attach my document or where should I send it so my file will move to the priority 3?
Hi Jatin,
glad to hear that your new skills assessment came through from the ACS. i think this link will give you the information you are looking for: Immigration website /skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/acs-skills-assessment-review.pdf
as I am not allowed to post links yet, this is the best I could do..

I myself am about to apply to ACS for a skills reassessment to ICT Business Analyst, so I can upgrade to priority 3. I applied for my PR in Sept 2009. My current ACS skills assessment states ASCO code 2231-79 ICT Recent Graduate.

My question is, did you get the approval for ICT Business Analyst (or original Computing Prof NEC) solely based on your Australian degree? If so, how do I know if the subjects I completed are eligible for ICT Business Analyst?

Thanks.

Raoul

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Jatin,

My question is, did you get the approval for ICT Business Analyst (or original Computing Prof NEC) solely based on your Australian degree? If so, how do I know if the subjects I completed are eligible for ICT Business Analyst?

Thanks.

Raoul
Thanks for your support, I did send my ACS to the DIAS on 27th may and I got the conformation of P-3 on 3rd june, And yes I did got my ICT Business Analyst approved.
Waiting for CO to be allocated.

Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts