Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. This visa issue is like a dark cloud hanging over me and has made for a very stressful pregnancy. Any advice very welcome:

Married my British husband in UK 2007 while I was on HSMP but we lived abroad last 6 years. We decided to relocate, so currently in UK, I'm on family visit visa planning to stay just under 6 months and leave UK to apply for spouse visa Jan 2014.

1) Does my husband have to prove that he intends to resettle in UK. If so how do we do this. He is the Director of a business in UK last 10 years. Can paperwork like our son's application form for next years primary school intake prove this.

2) I came over on a family visit visa. Will it seem like we lied when I applied for this or do I explain that we intended a short visit, then while here we decided to relocate. My husband has recently made a brief trip back to Dubai to ship over our belongings.

3)I'm currently expecting and plan to give birth in UK ( no haters pls I'm not here to abuse the NHS, rather that its easier for baby's citizenship if its born here.) So when I apply for spouse visa will this be a problem ie will it seem like I lied when applying for family visit visa or is it a breach of my visit visa to use the nhs?

4) how do I prove earnings? Can I show that while in Dubai his salary was transferred from UK company he part owns, into dubai account and since August it's now going into his UK bank account?

Thanks a million in advance

·
Super Moderator
18,086 Posts
Hi. This visa issue is like a dark cloud hanging over me and has made for a very stressful pregnancy. Any advice very welcome:

Married my British husband in UK 2007 while I was on HSMP but we lived abroad last 6 years. We decided to relocate, so currently in UK, I'm on family visit visa planning to stay just under 6 months and leave UK to apply for spouse visa Jan 2014.

1) Does my husband have to prove that he intends to resettle in UK. If so how do we do this. He is the Director of a business in UK last 10 years. Can paperwork like our son's application form for next years primary school intake prove this.
No he doesn't have to do anything to prove he is settled.

2) I came over on a family visit visa. Will it seem like we lied when I applied for this or do I explain that we intended a short visit, then while here we decided to relocate. My husband has recently made a brief trip back to Dubai to ship over our belongings.
Shouldn't be a big deal.

3)I'm currently expecting and plan to give birth in UK ( no haters pls I'm not here to abuse the NHS, rather that its easier for baby's citizenship if its born here.) So when I apply for spouse visa will this be a problem ie will it seem like I lied when applying for family visit visa or is it a breach of my visit visa to use the nhs?
Yes, it's a breach of a visit visa if you use the NHS unless you pay for their services. Visitors are not entitled to free services on the NHS aside from emergency services carried out in the A&E. You'll have to ask to be billed and pay for the services you receive. If you don't, you're putting your application in jeopardy. Also, you're misinformed. Your child is a UK citizen because his father is British not because he is born here.

4) how do I prove earnings? Can I show that while in Dubai his salary was transferred from UK company he part owns, into dubai account and since August it's now going into his UK bank account?
Read through the details of the financial requirements to figure out which category best suits you.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/s...DIs/chp8-annex/section-FM-1.7.pdf?view=Binary

·
Registered
39,123 Posts
About your expected child's citizenship. Birth in UK means the child will be British otherwise than by descent with transmissible nationality, and birth abroad means British by descent with restriction on transmitting nationality to any offsprings. This will be fixed for life and cannot be changed, though there are ways to allow children (your grandchildren) born abroad to be registered as British.

Further to nyclon's reply, evidencing financial resources for a company owner (director) is very detailed and you should study the guidance very carefully with your accountant about documentation required.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.