Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There,

Hope you all are doing awesome!

I am a master student hailing from India.

I am currently in a trivial situation.

The Situation: I completed my bachelors was in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering in 2012. Then , I have worked for an IT firm for 3 years. (2013-2016). Currently, I am pursing post graduation business study in Australia (2016-2018).

The Problem: Being an electronics and telecom engineer, I don't have an experience in the same field instead I have it in IT. I am associated with organizations where they use robotics and telecom projects as part of my self interest, but nothing full time. Additionally, I have completed internships with public organizations in telecom sector back in 2011.

Currently, I need to get my bachelors assessed. Agent says that my assessment from Engineers Australia (CDR) will have a negative outcome due to unmatched of profession and the degree, whereas getting accessed from ACS, they need min. of four years of IT experience.

Should I go for Engineers Australia or ACS ?

Regards

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Hi There,

Hope you all are doing awesome!

I am a master student hailing from India.

I am currently in a trivial situation.

The Situation: I completed my bachelors was in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering in 2012. Then , I have worked for an IT firm for 3 years. (2013-2016). Currently, I am pursing post graduation business study in Australia (2016-2018).

The Problem: Being an electronics and telecom engineer, I don't have an experience in the same field instead I have it in IT. I am associated with organizations where they use robotics and telecom projects as part of my self interest, but nothing full time. Additionally, I have completed internships with public organizations in telecom sector back in 2011.

Currently, I need to get my bachelors assessed. Agent says that my assessment from Engineers Australia (CDR) will have a negative outcome due to unmatched of profession and the degree, whereas getting accessed from ACS, they need min. of four years of IT experience.

Should I go for Engineers Australia or ACS ?

Regards
EA doesn't require experience and your agent misinformed you. You also have better chance in Telecom but for that you need to spend good amount of time in CDR so you don't get 233914 Engineering Technologist due to bad CDR and hence 70 points for invite.

If your course is IT Minor, then you don't qualify for ACS assessment as you need 4 years experience.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts