Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I am looking at buying an apartment in Almeria at a very low price, at 70% less than its original price when new of 10 years ago. It is owned by a non resident English guy. My main concern is of being hit by the complimentario or bargain tax that has been mentioned to me. Ccan anyone advise me what amount of tax I may face with this tax and also is it certain that the tax will be demanded? Many thanks as I dont really want to pick up a supposed bargain only to have a huge tax demand afterwards.

·
Registered
8,175 Posts
Hi! I am looking at buying an apartment in Almeria at a very low price, at 70% less than its original price when new of 10 years ago. It is owned by a non resident English guy. My main concern is of being hit by the complimentario or bargain tax that has been mentioned to me. Ccan anyone advise me what amount of tax I may face with this tax and also is it certain that the tax will be demanded? Many thanks as I dont really want to pick up a supposed bargain only to have a huge tax demand afterwards.
You need to know the catastral value of the property (it will be shown on the IBI - Council Tax . bill which the estate agent should have a copy of to sell the property) plus the municipal multiplier for the area where it is situated. The official valor tasaciòn is the catastral value x the municipal multiplier. If it is higher than the price you are paying for the apartment, then the additional transfer tax would be 8% of the difference between the valor tasaciòn and the purchase price.

Unless the amount would be only a few euros I think it highly likely that a bill would be forthcoming, although it might not emerge for quite some time (over a year, maybe) after completion.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts