Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend who lives over here, was on a student visa. The company that he is working for at the moment has agreed to sponsor him. They have started the ball rolling and my friend has got a CO. I will ask him to contact his CO for them to clarify but wondered if anyone could help.

The person in the company who is dealing with the sponsorship has a problem in interpreting what these requirements (see below) are and what they, as a company, need to do to fulfil those requirements:

Employers that are already operating in Australia and that are seeking approval from the Department of Immigration to act as a business sponsor must either:

* Have a satisfactory record of (or a demonstrated commitment to) training Australian citizens and Australian permanent residents,
OR
* Introduce, use, or create new or improved technology or business skills

Has anyone got a clue as to what constitutes 'a satisfactory record' etc???

Dolly

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Hi Dolly:

It basically means that they have some formal training programs at their workplace. They want to know how many employees, how many are Australian PRs/Citizens and how many training hours.

This does not mean classroom only, this can be online courses, support of classes at Uni (paid partly or fully by employer).

The intent is to demonstrate that the company sponsoring someone for a 457 has a commitment to train Australians and PRs locally.

For example in my company HR was able to provide this sort of information. And we have auditable online coursework where each employee is tracked and it can be shown at anytime how many hours of training have been done.

It can be something as simple as a letter from the company HR which shows in aggregate how many hours of training they give and to how many people.

I have a friend who lives over here, was on a student visa. The company that he is working for at the moment has agreed to sponsor him. They have started the ball rolling and my friend has got a CO. I will ask him to contact his CO for them to clarify but wondered if anyone could help.

The person in the company who is dealing with the sponsorship has a problem in interpreting what these requirements (see below) are and what they, as a company, need to do to fulfil those requirements:

Employers that are already operating in Australia and that are seeking approval from the Department of Immigration to act as a business sponsor must either:

* Have a satisfactory record of (or a demonstrated commitment to) training Australian citizens and Australian permanent residents,
OR
* Introduce, use, or create new or improved technology or business skills

Has anyone got a clue as to what constitutes 'a satisfactory record' etc???

Dolly

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers m'dear,

Much appreciated. You are, as always, a star.

Dolly

1 - 3 of 3 Posts