Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have been working with an MNC for the past 3 years and I am facing problem in getting the employee job description letter with detailed roles and responsibilities from my company. They have given me a standard job description letter which has been rejected by ACS saying it has insufficient duties.

I discussed with my HR and he is clear in his stand that our company doesn't issue any document other than the standard letter which has only generic description for my role and not specific to the work i am doing relevant to the nominated occupation.

And looks like getting statutory declaration from my colleague/manager is also against HR policy. Only HR can provide this letter in our company and the format is standard.

I am stuck now and totally confused as to how to proceed. Can someone please throw some light on this.

Cheers!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hi All,

I have been working with an MNC for the past 3 years and I am facing problem in getting the employee job description letter with detailed roles and responsibilities from my company. They have given me a standard job description letter which has been rejected by ACS saying it has insufficient duties.

I discussed with my HR and he is clear in his stand that our company doesn't issue any document other than the standard letter which has only generic description for my role and not specific to the work i am doing relevant to the nominated occupation.

And looks like getting statutory declaration from my colleague/manager is also against HR policy. Only HR can provide this letter in our company and the format is standard.

I am stuck now and totally confused as to how to proceed. Can someone please throw some light on this.

Cheers!
MNCs generally do not provide detailed description of your RnR.

In my opinion, you should reach out to a colleague/supervisor/manager with whom you have worked for a substantial amount of time and have a level of trust; get an SD made with his signature. Tell him about the complete process and why you need an affidavit from him. Mostly, SDs are signed by a person who's willing to do that at his/her discretion. HR's role is only limited to the standard guidelines/policies and very rarely they would go out of their way to help you out.

Expert forum members can throw more light on this..

·
Registered
23,880 Posts
Hi All,

Cheers!
If the HR has warned that your colleague and manager also cannot issue the SD, then it's a major problem
If the manager or colleague issue the SD even after warning, they may face disciplinary action as there is a very high probability of the department getting in touch with the HR for your verification after you lodge the visa application

The only way out I can. Think of is if someone who was your supervisor but has left the company can issue it
He cannot be penalised by the HR any longer

Cheers

·
Registered
397 Posts
Hi All,

Cheers!
Unfortunately, there is very little you can do when company doesn't give proper experience letter or legally prohibits its employees to give stat declaration. You might have to let go of points for that experience unless you can find some ex-employee who is willing to sign the declaration.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hi All,

Cheers!

Well

Testing time for friendship.

Can you write to ACS and explain this to see what they say? I am sure they may have something to say.

What about finding an ex-colleague from this company? The thing which HR is telling is plain stupidity if you ask me. If they don't allow colleagues then they should give that letter.

I will say either contact another HR (senior head may be). I am sure still there is some sense prevailing. If you cant find, then get an ex-colleague and get the statutory declaration done by mentioning that company policy doesn't allow to issue any letter and colleague is assisting by being fully honest.

·
Registered
389 Posts
i think the best option is to find a colleague who already left the company to give you a statutory declaration.
Your HR can't do anything to an employee who already left the company.

·
Registered
356 Posts
If the HR has warned that your colleague and manager also cannot issue the SD, then it's a major problem
If the manager or colleague issue the SD even after warning, they may face disciplinary action as there is a very high probability of the department getting in touch with the HR for your verification after you lodge the visa application

The only way out I can. Think of is if someone who was your supervisor but has left the company can issue it
He cannot be penalised by the HR any longer

Cheers
Yes. Infy declined to give reference letter for my spouse's old Employment. She got the SD from colleague who left the company that worked well for ACS assessment.

·
Registered
216 Posts
R u under any employment contract with the current company ??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts