Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there newbie posting! My husband has got a job starting sept '10 at DESS. We have accepted school accomodation which i guess will be near the school in Oud Metha. Maybe Mirdif? I am applying to secondary schools but not sure how long commuting will take to get to these from Oud Metha. I have applied to a school in Emirate Hills. Is this commutable? Can you recommend any schools that are reasonable commuting distance from Oud Metha? Also does the metro stop in Oud Metha / Mirdif area?
Also how long does it take to get to kite beach / Jumeirah beach from these areas?
Thanks.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hi there newbie posting! My husband has got a job starting sept '10 at DESS. We have accepted school accomodation which i guess will be near the school in Oud Metha. Maybe Mirdif? I am applying to secondary schools but not sure how long commuting will take to get to these from Oud Metha. I have applied to a school in Emirate Hills. Is this commutable? Can you recommend any schools that are reasonable commuting distance from Oud Metha? Also does the metro stop in Oud Metha / Mirdif area?
Also how long does it take to get to kite beach / Jumeirah beach from these areas?
Thanks.
Mirdiff should be 15mn driving from Oud Metha and traffic is not that bad, I however wouldn't recommend commuting to Emirates hills as it is about 25kms far and you'll be stuck in the traffic in commute times.
There's a metro stop in OudMetha but it is part of the green line which is still under construction and the closest metro station to Mirdiff is Rashidia which is open.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.