Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I will be moving to Cambridge with my husband in September; however, I will be working near Tower Hill in London. I realize this daily commute is quite lengthy so I am hoping to minimize the time (and money!) spent on the train. It looks like there is a direct train that takes roughly 50 minutes from Cambridge (CBG) to King's Cross (KGX) in London. I believe I will then need to take the Tube to the Tower Hill stop from KGX.

I am having trouble figuring out whether or not I can get discounted tickets via a railcard or season pass. I do not qualify for any of the discounts for students, traveling with children, seniors, etc for the national railcard but is there another option? What is the easiest and cheapest way for this commute? I have a year long contract so I am willing to purchase a pass that is valid for a year.

Any guidance is much appreciated!

·
Registered
39,028 Posts
Yearly season ticket for CBG to London Terminals is £4,160 (as at today) and this should be the cheapest, plus tube fare to Tower Hill which is £4.40 a day using Oyster card or you can get Zone1 yearly season ticket at £,256. You can't use any rail pass for commuting during peak period.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.