Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm new on this board and I was wondering if anyone has any information about getting a community based nursing job or health promotion job. I'm a registered nurse and have worked with young people on sexual health and health improvement issues since I registered. I'm looking to move to Australia in the next couple of years and am hoping to get a job either in sexual health or smoking cessation work. I have my Family Planning Nursing qualification and am currently working towards my Graduate Certificate in Smoking Cessation.

I know Australia needs nurses but I'm not sure of the situation when it comes to non ward based nurses.

Any help would be great, thanks. I'm planning on moving to Perth but that isn't a given, it would depend on work availability as well.

Hazel

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Hi there Hazel,

Welcome to the forum.

Each State will have their own Health Department website, generally on those websites are details for jobs, training etc.

As I live in Victoria I have this bookmarked: Department of Health, Victoria, Australia

Here are some other sites:
Nursing & nurses (Victoria Online)
Nursing in Victoria - School Leavers Information
VIC Community Nursing Salary Information at MyCareer
RDNS
Acute (adult clinical inpatient) care nurses’ attitudes towards and knowledge of nationally endorsed 5As smoking cessation guidelines - Contemporary Nurse: Healthcare Across the Lifespan
ARCHI - Providing Smoking Cessation Care in all Inpatient Wards

Hope this is a start for you on finding out the info.

Dolly

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dolly,

I keep browsing sites but I haven't started seriously looking yet so that will be a great help. I've been planning to move to Australia for so long but finding this board has given me the push that I need to get things going!

Thanks again
Hazel

1 - 3 of 3 Posts