Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning, sorry for the long message.

I am on workday day 75 waiting for my settlement visa. I escalated my case after 60 days as I have not received the "not straightforward" email, nor any other communication. In my escalation request email to home office I asked if they could confirm that they had received my scanned documents from Australia.

The thing is this. The lady who processed my documents in Brisbane was very nervous about the whole system because it was her first day and she had to ask for help from another staff member on how to use and send documents using their scanner. I'm worried she stuffed it up somehow.

The home office have confirmed that they have escalated my case, although not sure what that actually does, but said in their email "with regards to your query Sheffield does not send any email confirmation on this."

My question to the forum is this...I thought I saw somewhere people stating they received email confirmation from Sheffield for their scanned documents. If this is you can you please let me know what was sent to you? I also saw on this forum someone waiting months before Sheffield told them they had lost the scanned documents and he had to resend everything. I certainly don't want this to be my case!

I was going to email home office again to say that some people get confirmation about their scanned documents but wanted to make sure this is the case before I chase them up.

Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.