Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We’re almost ready to submit the application (finally!! after dealing with finances all month), and I’m going to submit the online application as soon as I get my sponsor’s documents in hand (tomorrow or Thursday). Before I submit, I have a few questions regarding the application, and a few questions about how to present communication logs (I also have appendix 2 questions but those are for another post, as I have so much here already).

1) “Have you been issued any visa for the UK, UK Overseas Territories or Commonwealth Country in the last 10 years?”
I wasn’t granted visas, but I was given stamps – so do I answer ‘no’ to this question?
2) When I list the purpose of visits to the UK, should I just put ‘Tourism/Visit’?
3) "Have you ever been convicted of any criminal offence in the UK or any country?"
I was pulled over for speeding in the US, and pulled over for looking at my phone screen in Japan – both offences I have paid for, had no court dates or anything of the sort. Do I need to provide paperwork for these, or explain them in the additional information section at all?
4) In the Family Details section, when I select Fiance/Proposed Civil Partner, the information that it wants me to fill in pertains to my partner and not me, correct? (Just a little confused since it seems redundant, as there already is a sponsor section)
5) Just to make sure – the Family Details section is asking for information about my parents, not my sponsors, correct?
6) “What is your total monthly income from all sources of employment or occupation, after tax?”
Is this asking me for the amount per month after tax is taken out, or after tax is added in? I’m a little confused about how to calculate the right amount for this question. ^^;;
7) “Type of work undertaken”
Are they asking me for job duties, like filing, taking phone calls, etc.?
8) Pertaining to the Medical Treatment section – I received dental surgery from my sponsor’s parents (literally, as they are both dentists) – this was paid for by them and it was done through private care, so I used no tax money, nor do I have an NHS number. I have briefly mentioned the treatment in my cover letter, but is it also a good thing to give additional information about it in Additional Information section?
9) “Place of Issue” for Sponsor's passport
My sponsor’s UK passport doesn’t have a place of issue listed on it – I know he renewed it by mail, so what should I put here?
10) “What is their relationship to you?”
Do I just select partner here? I don’t think any other circumstance fits.
11) Additional Information – what is it that people put here? Obviously additional information, but I can’t really think of anything else except the medical treatment, or maybe discussing my traffic offences?

Now the questions about the communication logs –

1) We only have chat logs from Facebook (Nov 2014 – June 2015, while in Japan together) and Skype (Feb 2015 – present, mostly while separate but used for some time in Japan) – we never used any pay to call feature, or called each other’s phone directly, so there are no phone logs or call history logs on skype or anything of that sort. What is the best way to show evidence with these types of communication, just screencaps of the chat windows from different months?
2) If screencaps are the best way, how many per page should I show? I was thinking 4 screencaps for the same month on one page, and about 10 pages of skype history (so 40 screencaps) and 4 pages of fb history (16 screencaps), for a total of 14 pages for communication proof.
3) Do I need to show chat history for the time we were in Japan together? I wasn’t able to find bus reservations for our trips, but I have photos of us, and copies of our Japanese visas during this time to show we were there together.

Thanks again!!! :smile:

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
1) No, you were travelling on the visa waiver programme thus you weren't issued an actual visa

2) That's fine

3) No, as I understand it, motoring fines aren't considered criminal offences

4) Correct.

5) Correct, this section is about YOUR family, including the details of your partner. So when it asks for Father/Mother information it means your (the applicant's) father/mother, not your fiancé's parents.

6) After tax is deducted

7) Just a very brief description like your job title

8) You can say yes but explain in Additional Information

9) My husband put "IPS" (Identity and Passport Service in the UK)

10) Partner is fine

11) Most people don't put anything

You don't absolutely need phone or video calls. Screenshots are fine, or some applications like WhatsApp will allow you to email a chat log to yourself. 10-15 pages total of screenshots or chat snippets. A couple of logs per month is fine, it should cover any time you were apart, beginning from the time you said you entered into a relationship together. If you were living in Japan together you should submit some kind of proof like a tenancy agreement or utility bills for that time translated into English; otherwise, just make sure that period is covered under your communication evidence. You need to submit photos together anyway. Having Japanese visas doesn't prove that you were maintaining a relationship with one another. They don't need to see that you were necessarily living together, as there's no requirement to have lived together at all, just that you were maintaining a relationship whether together or apart.

Reactions: thelittlestmiju

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
1) No, you were travelling on the visa waiver programme thus you weren't issued an actual visa

2) That's fine

3) No, as I understand it, motoring fines aren't considered criminal offences

4) Correct.

5) Correct, this section is about YOUR family, including the details of your partner. So when it asks for Father/Mother information it means your (the applicant's) father/mother, not your fiancé's parents.

6) After tax is deducted

7) Just a very brief description like your job title

8) You can say yes but explain in Additional Information

9) My husband put "IPS" (Identity and Passport Service in the UK)

10) Partner is fine

11) Most people don't put anything

You don't absolutely need phone or video calls. Screenshots are fine, or some applications like WhatsApp will allow you to email a chat log to yourself. 10-15 pages total of screenshots or chat snippets. A couple of logs per month is fine, it should cover any time you were apart, beginning from the time you said you entered into a relationship together. If you were living in Japan together you should submit some kind of proof like a tenancy agreement or utility bills for that time translated into English; otherwise, just make sure that period is covered under your communication evidence. You need to submit photos together anyway. Having Japanese visas doesn't prove that you were maintaining a relationship with one another. They don't need to see that you were necessarily living together, as there's no requirement to have lived together at all, just that you were maintaining a relationship whether together or apart.

Thanks so much for the advice!! Just have need some clarification on a few things.

So do I say no to committing criminal offences, then?

For the Medical treatment section.... I talked to my fiances mum and asked her for info for the application. She states that though I was seen as a private patient and have taken notes on me as required by law, nothing was claimed at all or sent to the dental board, and says the notes from the surgery and were not sent anywhere, and told me not to mention it. I know the aim for medical treatment section is more to see if you've used the NHS, which I haven't, but I'm worried that putting a no for this question will get me into trouble. I'm not sure what to do, because if they technically have no record of me, and if I say I got treatment that might lead to trouble too...

And about the last bit, we met in Japan (never lived together, so no shared bills or agreements), and were instructors for the same company - the visas show us as being in Japan in the times described, and for the purpose of being instructors, so I thought it'd be helpful to include. I'll include the Facebook logs to show communication during this period for sure, then.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just got the documents in, so I'm just curious if anyone can offer advice about the medical situation and about the criminal offences question. Sorry to be a bother!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.