Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone

I'm just wondering if someone can advice me and shed some light on the communication evidence part of the spouse visa application.

I've had a relationship with my wife (applicant) for almost two years, and we got married last September. Since the start of our relationship the only methods we used for contact are Yahoo IM, WhatsApp and Facebook. We didn't use Skype calls or Viber calls etc. Basically we haven't used a method where we communicate via voice calls, we only used text chatting for communication using the three methods mentioned. The reasons are that the broadband in where my wife lives is quite weak and therefore voice calls become a nightmare, and additionally we like to exchange a lot of photos when we communicate, so chatting is more convenient.

I am a bit concerned that the lack of voice calls using Skype or Viber for example may present a problem, where the ECO may not be too satisfied. Should I be concerned? Or are the chat logs I'll be providing from the three methods used enough, especially that they will cover the two year period of our relationship? I will also be providing evidence of our relationship before and after our marriage, which includes my travel tickets and our photos together (with dates notes).

Also in terms of the communication evidence format, all I'm doing is exporting the chat logs from each method to a text file, and then trim it down to have a page of dates (along with sender - receiver - subject) in which we communicated during a specific month. I then repeat the process for every two months. For example I would have a page of dates from August 2013, and then a page of dates from October 2013, etc. Is that the right format and way of doing it? Should I take screen shots of anything instead of using just text files? Like I said this would be the only communication evidence we'll provide (in addition to other relationship evidence).

Apologies if I seem to be overthinking it, but I really want to make sure I get every little bit right. I've seen people getting refused because of their communication evidence, and I liked to know if the state of my evidence is sufficient and satisfying (according to your from experience).

Thanks in advance

EDIT:
I would also like to point out that to further prove our communication/relationship, I'll be providing western union transfer receipts of me sending money to my wife. Also I have a receipt from the post office of a parcel that I sent to my wife. The receipt only shows the address I'm sending to (her current address), not the actual content of the parcel.

·
Super Moderator
18,088 Posts
You are over thinking. They are just want to know that you have communicated throughout your relationship no matter what the method. 1-2 log pages every 6 months or so. 10 log pages should be enough.

Things like Western Union receipts and package receipts aren't very strong. Stick to communication logs.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are over thinking. They are just want to know that you have communicated throughout your relationship no matter what the method. 1-2 log pages every 6 months or so. 10 log pages should be enough.

Things like Western Union receipts and package receipts aren't very strong. Stick to communication logs.
Thanks for your reply nyclon.

Would submitting things like western union receipts (along with communication logs) have any adverse affect? I wouldn't want to submit things that will work against me.

Thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
18,088 Posts
I don't think they'll work against you but they will clutter your application since they don't really add any value. We always recommend to keep it as simple as you can. 10 pages of communication throughout your relationship, your marriage certificate and 10-15 photos across your relationship including the wedding.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think they'll work against you but they will clutter your application since they don't really add any value. We always recommend to keep it as simple as you can. 10 pages of communication throughout your relationship, your marriage certificate and 10-15 photos across your relationship including the wedding.
Thanks for the advice nyclon.

·
Super Moderator
18,088 Posts
If it makes you feel better, then include them. However, you've been together for around 2 years and it sounds like you will have plenty of evidence that you keep in touch. Oh, and don't forget trips to visit each other.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If it makes you feel better, then include them. However, you've been together for around 2 years and it sounds like you will have plenty of evidence that you keep in touch. Oh, and don't forget trips to visit each other.
Yes of course I'm including my flight tickets to visit my wife, which includes my flight to my country when I first met my wife back in 2013 (no photos of us together in this visit as it was the first time we met and got to know each other), a visit a month before marriage (with photos), one visit that we got married in (with photos), and a third visit several months after we got married (with photos).

Hope this will be enough to further satisfy the ECO.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hi all!

My fiance and I has been in a relationship since january 2012. Unfortunately I wasnt able to saved the chat logs for 2013 (since I came home to the Phil and He was in UK) for viber and facebook from April - december 2013.

would there be a problem with that?

I was able to saved all the 2014 until now.

Thank you.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello again

Apologies if this seems like a strange question, but I was wondering what is the best font size to use for the communication logs? Currently I'm using Courier New size 10 (same size as the text), but I was thinking whether it would be fine to make it for example size 8 or 9 so that I can fit several dates of communication from the same month on one page.

Courier new size 9 would be something like that.

Thanks

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mate, you are really over thinking it. Whether you can squeeze an extra line in because you are using a smaller font is unlikely to make a difference. Make it readable.
Apologies mate it's just a habit, and especially in stressful times like these. Just trying my best to make sure everything is inch-perfect by using your advice.

I have a last request if it's OK. The following is the first page from my communication log showing our communication using Yahoo. Basically I have put in the page logs from 5 days of the month shown, and for each day snippets from the conversation at that day (from different times). I intend to continue this pattern for the rest of the months that I'll include in the logs, and do the same thing for WhatsApp and Facebook. Does that seem fine in your opinion? Is there something more/less I should do?

Note: "Me" and "Spouse" will be replaced by my wife's email and my email when I copy the logs from Yahoo. Based on your previous advice I have shown no content in the logs, only dates - sender/receiver.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.