Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, myself and my wife communicate through WhatsApp and Facebook is that ok,but most of our calls are on WhatsApp.
she left for UK 7 month ago and has beeen working since then.
We hardly send mails and we don't do Skype call. Just Facebook and WhatsApp call.does this have effect on our application since someone says that mails are important
2.on her email the name is in her marital name I.e but her passport is in her maiden name.can she edit her name in gmail settings to reflect the maiden name to correspond with the name on her passport,since her passport still reflect her maiden name.
3. Will changing her name in her gmail account setting from marital to maiden to correspond with her passport not raise suspicion.your prompt and kind response will be appreciated.
Example : all emails before now are in:Fola patrick ( marital name patrick)but want to change on gmail setting t to:reacheal Fola Smith (Smith being her maiden name) as reflected on her passport.

·
Registered
16 Posts
1.Whatsapp and Facebook alone are fine, email is just more reliable. Make sure your communication evidence covers your whole relationship with screenshots and logs, showing both your names and dates.

2. Yes

3. Maybe. If she changes her name and all previous emails you've received from her automatically change to that name, then it won't be a problem at all because the ECO won't know that you changed it. You should try it and see what happens.

Also, you can leave her email as it is and write a cover letter explaining the two different names.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks shay I appreciate,but one more question .we communicate more with WhatsApp since she left January and on her WhatsApp I save her name as My Sweetheart (my lovey dovey name I call her) so most of the calls on what app and chat reflect my sweetheart,will that be OK or should I edit it to reflect her actual name

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks shay I appreciate,but one more question .we communicate more with WhatsApp since she left January and on her WhatsApp I save her name as My Sweetheart (my lovey dovey name I call her) so most of the calls on what app and chat reflect my sweetheart,will that be OK or should I edit it to reflect her actual name
Change it to reflect her name.

·
Registered
122 Posts
1.Whatsapp and Facebook alone are fine, email is just more reliable. Make sure your communication evidence covers your whole relationship with screenshots and logs, showing both your names and dates.

2. Yes

3. Maybe. If she changes her name and all previous emails you've received from her automatically change to that name, then it won't be a problem at all because the ECO won't know that you changed it. You should try it and see what happens.

Also, you can leave her email as it is and write a cover letter explaining the two different names.
Hi shay9, and sorry for asking a question on this thread, how many communications do you need to provide per year? As I've been with my husband awhile in 2008-2010 I only have like 2/3 evidence of emails, that's because during those times we communicated via phone calls using phone cards, they all lost as it was pay as you go. What do you think? I have more evidence now but some months in some years there are gaps, will this be an issue and do you think I should write a cover letter explaining this?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi shay9, and sorry for asking a question on this thread, how many communications do you need to provide per year? As I've been with my husband awhile in 2008-2010 I only have like 2/3 evidence of emails, that's because during those times we communicated via phone calls using phone cards, they all lost as it was pay as you go. What do you think? I have more evidence now but some months in some years there are gaps, will this be an issue and do you think I should write a cover letter explaining this?
Do you mean you only sent/received 2/3 emails from your spouse throughout those two years? Did you use any other type of communication during that time (e.g. Facebook)?
How long are the gaps? You don't need to show communication for everyday, 2/3 screen shots and/or log pages for every 6 months is said to be enough. If there is no evidence of communication for a period longer than 2/3 months I would advise to explain why in a cover letter or in your sponsor/applicant letter.

If you read through more of the threads there have been other people similar situations, reading them should also help you.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Do you mean you only sent/received 2/3 emails from your spouse throughout those two years? Did you use any other type of communication during that time (e.g. Facebook)?
How long are the gaps? You don't need to show communication for everyday, 2/3 screen shots and/or log pages for every 6 months is said to be enough. If there is no evidence of communication for a period longer than 2/3 months I would advise to explain why in a cover letter or in your sponsor/applicant letter.

If you read through more of the threads there have been other people similar situations, reading them should also help you.
Yes we only sent/received 2/3 emails during those years and at the time I used to call him using phone cards, so no other communications like Facebook or skype only telephone communication
So the gaps are like feb/March/April/ and nothing until the next year, for example in 2008/2009/2010 I could only find one email each year lol...

Ok I think I would include an explanation of this in the cover letter as I done everything to find more evidence. Thank you very much once again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.