Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi frnds,

I am confused here, if you guys can clear my doubt.

I am preparing a Statutory Declaration from my manager for the company which is closed now.

My agent is asking me to put the title as "Commonwealth Statutory Declaration"
whereas I am telling him that since I am making this declaration in India I should not put "Commonwealth" and just "Statutory Declaration". as in Indian law there is nothing like "commonwealth" and it's only for who are declaring within Australia.

My agent;however, agreed to my point but still insists that they are always doing this way ( using commonwealth even for India) and doing it since last 10 years and their client hasn't faced any issue with this.

Now I am in dilemma if I put "Commonwealth Statutory Declaration" then ACS might reject it ?

Plz suggest

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
I don't know that it matters either way, but if your migration agent says they do it this way and they are successful with their applications, I'd follow their guidance.

·
Super Moderator
12,544 Posts
Hi frnds,

I am confused here, if you guys can clear my doubt.

I am preparing a Statutory Declaration from my manager for the company which is closed now.

My agent is asking me to put the title as "Commonwealth Statutory Declaration"
whereas I am telling him that since I am making this declaration in India I should not put "Commonwealth" and just "Statutory Declaration". as in Indian law there is nothing like "commonwealth" and it's only for who are declaring within Australia.

My agent;however, agreed to my point but still insists that they are always doing this way ( using commonwealth even for India) and doing it since last 10 years and their client hasn't faced any issue with this.

Now I am in dilemma if I put "Commonwealth Statutory Declaration" then ACS might reject it ?

Plz suggest
Please do not use text speak on the forum. See rule 6. Violations may lead to infractions being imposed on your account.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts