Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, further to my previous posts about wanting to move from the UK to Costa Blanca, and all the great advice given to me on this forum, I have now booked my trip to Guardamar for next month. I will be staying around 3 weeks, in a small hotel in Guardamar itself, and I am hoping to have a good look around and hopefully find somewhere to rent long term.

I plan to open a non-resident bank account with Sabadell in advance, and transfer funds over from my UK account to cover advance rent, deposit etc. But I have a couple of queries which I hope someone may be able to help me with.

The first is to do with a Gestor. I think if I could get in touch with one in Guardamar it could make life easier for me with regard to getting NIE and eventually residencia, so I just wondered how I would find one. Do they generally advertise in the free papers, or Costa Blanca News? The manager of the hotel I have booked into is reputed to be very helpful and friendly, so would it be a good idea to ask him if he could recommend someone?

My second question is about actually finding a rental property. My plan is to check out the English papers, walk around local estate agents, and also look for rental boards. I am going to get a Spanish PAYG mobile to phone up, but my Spanish is pretty basic. Are these the best ways to find places to rent? I have seen several properties on the internet, but not sure they are up to date, although I will be taking my laptop and my hotel does have free WiFi.

Finally, if I am lucky enough to find a suitable rental property while I am there, should I then find a lawyer to translate any lease and inventory for me? If so then I guess I would find a lawyer the same way as I would find a Gestor?

Thanks in advance for any advice or ideas you can give: I am doing this alone so it is a little nerve-wracking, although very exciting!

Kerry

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all, further to my previous posts about wanting to move from the UK to Costa Blanca, and all the great advice given to me on this forum, I have now booked my trip to Guardamar for next month. I will be staying around 3 weeks, in a small hotel in Guardamar itself, and I am hoping to have a good look around and hopefully find somewhere to rent long term.

I plan to open a non-resident bank account with Sabadell in advance, and transfer funds over from my UK account to cover advance rent, deposit etc. But I have a couple of queries which I hope someone may be able to help me with.

The first is to do with a Gestor. I think if I could get in touch with one in Guardamar it could make life easier for me with regard to getting NIE and eventually residencia, so I just wondered how I would find one. Do they generally advertise in the free papers, or Costa Blanca News? The manager of the hotel I have booked into is reputed to be very helpful and friendly, so would it be a good idea to ask him if he could recommend someone?

My second question is about actually finding a rental property. My plan is to check out the English papers, walk around local estate agents, and also look for rental boards. I am going to get a Spanish PAYG mobile to phone up, but my Spanish is pretty basic. Are these the best ways to find places to rent? I have seen several properties on the internet, but not sure they are up to date, although I will be taking my laptop and my hotel does have free WiFi.

Finally, if I am lucky enough to find a suitable rental property while I am there, should I then find a lawyer to translate any lease and inventory for me? If so then I guess I would find a lawyer the same way as I would find a Gestor?

Thanks in advance for any advice or ideas you can give: I am doing this alone so it is a little nerve-wracking, although very exciting!

Kerry

Hi Kerry,

Yes, these are the best ways to find places for rent. Let me suggest fotocasa, casas.trovit. as popular sites on the net for selling/renting. There are also classified sites: segundamano, milanuncios

Sorry I cant post any links yet!

Hope this helps, feel free to ask :hippie:

Saludos!

·
Administrator
36,519 Posts
Hi Kerry,

Yes, these are the best ways to find places for rent. Let me suggest fotocasa, casas.trovit. as popular sites on the net for selling/renting. There are also classified sites: segundamano, milanuncios

Sorry I cant post any links yet!

Hope this helps, feel free to ask :hippie:

Saludos!
:welcome:

several of those and others are linked in our FAQs & useful links thread at the top :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts