Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm getting married in a few weeks to an American in Colorado. I am only coming to America for two weeks, and then she will be joining me here in the UK.

My question is, is there any problems with me arriving on an ESTA, then going straight back.. what do I say at border control?

·
Registered
985 Posts
No... shouldn't be a problem at all....
You don't need to volunteer the getting married info at the border unless they ask you.
Just make sure you have a return ticket to show them, and lots of ties to home in case they ask.
As I say.....just tell them what they ask... no need to volunteer any more info.
Best of luck on your marriage!!:)

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I'm getting married in a few weeks to an American in Colorado. I am only coming to America for two weeks, and then she will be joining me here in the UK.

My question is, is there any problems with me arriving on an ESTA, then going straight back.. what do I say at border control?
have you got the visa arranged she will need to enter the UK as a spouse

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
really a bad idea in my opinion
If you post opinions, please also post what you are basing them on. It is absolutely legal to get married in the US as foreigner - as long as you leave withing your alotted time. You can actually go the route of spontaneous marriage and thus eliminate a lot of headache. This is a tricky one though as you have to prove its spontaneous nature.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.