Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Dears..
I need a clear detailed answer for my doubt. hope I will get from this forum..

I do 02 jobs.. Main job more than a year , hourly paid.. second job is a part time job with fixed salary and now only 06 months period ended.

from first main job total income for 06 months come 12 k (rounded figure) and from second part time job , for the last 06 months come 7000.

I can apply Category B as I am doing 02 jobs.

but , I not clear how many months pay slips needed to be submitted , 12 slips of main job or 06 slips ?

can i sponsor for my wife's spouse visa using these jobs giving , 06 months pay slips of main job and 06 months pay slips of part time ?

Please give me a detailed answer ... :confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
39,065 Posts
Just apply under Cat A with 6-month payslips from both jobs, plus employment letter, contract and P60.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot for your prompt reply Joppa..
your reply..
Just apply under Cat A with 6-month payslips from both jobs, plus employment letter, contract and P60.
but , joppa , you answered for the similar question in an other thread that if 02 jobs are combined then CATEGORY B should be selected... read below..

Joppa replied on 30 august 2013. ( as this is my 2nd post I cant post full link here )

write expat website /expats/britain-expat-forum-expats-living-uk/182345-financial-requrement-spouse-visa-working-two-jobs.html

''''''' This is what it says about Cat A:

"5.1.1. Where the applicant's partner (and/or the applicant if they are in the UK with permission to work) is in salaried employment at the date of application and has been with the same employer [note employer - singular, not employers] for at least 6 months prior to the date of application, they can count their gross annual salary towards the financial requirement." ''''''' <<joppa >>

The plain reading of the rule is that since it mentions '"the same employer" and not 'employers", only those working for the same employer in more than one job is eligible. Now it can be argued that the rule isn't 100% clear and you may have a chance with two jobs and two employers, but I'd say this is taking a risk. You were lucky or your ECO took a sympathetic view. Others may not be so lucky. <<joppa>>

<That's why I suggest people go under Cat B when working for multiple employers. >
I know some professional advisors say you can go under Cat A with multiple employers, but I want to play safe in the absence of unambiguous guidance. <<JOPPA >>

Are you sure in my case to apply in CATEGORY A will be the correct category ??.........pl help ...:confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
171 Posts
There are divided opinions on this as neither Category A nor Category B would be entirely incorrect in your situation. I completely understand what Joppa is saying here.

Category B is really more of a way to satisfy the financial requirement through salaried employment when you do NOT meet the guidelines in Cat A. You have technically been working for the same employer for the past six months, and thus fulfil the requirement to submit under Category A. You ALSO have been working for different employers for the past six months so Category B would also be accurate.

Since you've had steady employment with both employers for six months and meeting the financial requirement the entire time, I agree that you should submit your application under Category A, as Category B would require you to submit evidence that you haven't made at least £18,600 for that 12 month period, as you've only been with your second employer for six months. Due to this, I think you are more likely to have your application refused if you apply under Cat B.

·
Registered
39,065 Posts
seekadvise

Listen. Don't dig up a post from two years ago. It was still early years of the new financial rule (July 2012) and we didn't have many live examples to go on. Since then there have been many cases of people with two or more jobs successfully applying under Cat A. While the wording in the guidance isn't as clear as it can be, it doesn't preclude having more than one jobs, and indeed Appendix 2 specifically states that if you have more than one jobs (either under Cat A or B), you give details of your other job(s) under 'Other information'.

Of course I'm only sharing my view and what I say should not be taken as advice in any shape or form. You follow it at your own risk.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for replies... Joppa, I take your advice ..I ddnt mean to hurt .. anyway I will apply as you advised..

I live in a rented house alone for 02 years and I have renewed the agreement for another year till 2016 May.. I can submit this agreement to UKBI.

should I include A PROPERTY INSPECTION REPORT and LAND REGISTRY COPY ?

In the agreement it has been mentioned SINGLE OCCUPATION in a 02 bed room house.
Should I give ANY CONSENT LETTER FROM LANDLORD saying that WIFE will COME AND LIVE WITH ME in this house ?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Should I give ANY CONSENT LETTER FROM LANDLORD saying that WIFE will COME AND LIVE WITH ME in this house ?
Yes, this is crucial to include. Don't leave it out.

A property inspection report is fine if you have it, but only necessary if your accommodations are shared with people other than the visa applicant. You'll also need to submit recent utility bills, council tax statement.

Include the renewed rental agreement, yes

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank you for the reply.. I will do it as you advised..

one more question .pl answer..

wife is going to give birth in Sri Lanka. I am now applying for wife visa only.

As I am British citizen by Naturalization, can I apply for the British Passport for my baby ?

if so , should I registered the birth of my child with the High Commission in Sri Lanka or need apply from here ?
please clarify ...

·
Registered
39,065 Posts
Were you naturalised in UK? Then you are British otherwise than by descent and your child will be British by descent.
You can register the birth with the Foreign Office: https://www.gov.uk/register-a-birth. As stated, you don't have to do so in order to apply for British passport, and that registration process will be quicker if you get passport first. I think you can apply for registration in UK, but you need professionally-translated Sri Lankan birth certificate among other documents, as specified. Passport needs to be applied in the country where the child is.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A mistake happened..
single occupant mentioned in council tax only.. not in agreement......

as this house enough for 02 adults , ( property report ) ,and ONLY MYSELF LIVE NOW . Property fully rented out by me .. House owner live out..

in this circumstances, SHOULD I GET A CONSENT LETTER FROM HOUSE OWNER SAYING MY WIFE CAN STAY HERE ? confused .....please clarify......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.