Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks.

I have submitted the EOI with a total of 65 points for "189" on 2nd July,2015. My skilled occupation is 261311.
Points claimed are as:
English: Proficient 10
Education: 15
Work Exp: 5 [6yrs exp out of which 2yrs deducted by ACS for both of us]
Partner Skills: 5

I have a few questions:eyebrows: if someone could help me with:
1. My partner's related qualification is 261312, and but he is competent in English. Therefore I have become the primary recipient. Will this one EOI be sufficient for both of us, for working and immigrating to australia? or will he need to apply a separate EOI? What kind of dependencies will our visa have in case only 1 EOI is submitted?
Both our details produce exactly the same points, except that he looses 10 points for English proficiency.

2. Since our score is only "65", what are the chances of us getting an invite? and by which month should we expect one?:fingerscrossed:

3. Should I appear for another English exam, in order to aim for a higher score? :noidea:

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
1. No need for another EOI. With 65 points you have good chances to get invited. May not be on 06-July, but most probably very good chances in August. Dependencies: None. Both of you will be granted visas that will be independent of each other. Both can travel/ immigrate to Oz separately, work independently in any occupation/ business, etc.

2. Like I said, if you miss July, then most probably in August.

3. Not really required. 65 is a good score.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Keeda for the reply.

In addition, when I submitted EOI, a reference number was asked for the English exam taken. What will this reference number be in case of IELTS and PTE?

189 | 261311 | PTE 90(W) 90(R) 90(L) 75(S) | ACS May-2014 | EOI: 65 points 02.Jul.2015 | Invite: _ | PCC: __ | Medical: __ | Grant: _|

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

IETLS - Test Report Form Number

PTE-A - Registration ID

Thanks Keeda for the reply.

In addition, when I submitted EOI, a reference number was asked for the English exam taken. What will this reference number be in case of IELTS and PTE?

189 | 261311 | PTE 90(W) 90(R) 90(L) 75(S) | ACS May-2014 | EOI: 65 points 02.Jul.2015 | Invite: _ | PCC: __ | Medical: __ | Grant: _|

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey, what will be difference in the visa costs for 2 persons in a combined application as ours as compared to 2 individual applications?

Also while we wait for the invite, is there any additional preparation eg. docs/ checkups etc that we should start looking at ? or all these steps begin post the invite.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Hey, what will be difference in the visa costs for 2 persons in a combined application as ours as compared to 2 individual applications?

Also while we wait for the invite, is there any additional preparation eg. docs/ checkups etc that we should start looking at ? or all these steps begin post the invite.
Check the pricing here: http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/Visa-1

Except for medicals and PCC, you ideally already have all the requisite documents ready when you file your EOI. This thread should give you all the possible docs you will need at various stages in the process: http://www.expatforum.com/expats/platypus-den/469793-my-journey-australia-google-page-ranking.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts