Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

For the applicant and sponsor's passports, is it sufficient to send the original passports and black and white photocopies of each page?
What did you do?

Thanks,

·
Registered
111 Posts
black and white and only the page(s) with photo and details - *unless* the application instructions specify something else.

which application is it that wants both the passport AND copies of them?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi,

For the applicant and sponsor's passports, is it sufficient to send the original passports and black and white photocopies of each page?
What did you do?

Thanks,
We used colour, but this was because my husband (the sponsor) was not submitting his passport, we just used a colour copy and had it authenticated by a solicitor. I used colour for the copies of my passport because I thought it looked clearer/easier to read than the black and white. I did not copy every page, just the bio page and any previous visas I held for the UK.

Black and white should be fine, as long as it's clear and easy to read. Just double check that any application instructions don't indicate something specific about the copies, as mentioned by freezing above.

·
Super Moderator
5,183 Posts
You don't need to have the UK sponsor's passport bio page photocopied in colour nor are you required to have it authenticated by a solicitor.

The UKVI has access to the Passport Office database and can verify the authenticity of the sponsor's UK passport.

·
Registered
111 Posts
You don't need to have the UK sponsor's passport bio page photocopied in colour nor are you required to have it authenticated by a solicitor.

The UKVI has access to the Passport Office database and can verify the authenticity of the sponsor's UK passport.
But do we know if the applicants sponsor is a Uk citizen or EU citizen? perhaps the instruction for the applications vary quite a bit, no idea.

·
Registered
924 Posts
If this is for a spouse visa- photocopy EVERY page of the sponsor's passport. Every single one, even the blank ones. Black and white/colour, either is fine, they don't seem to have a preference on this.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Do we need to send sponsor's original British passport or just the color/black photocopies are enough? for settlement visa

·
Registered
924 Posts
For settlement visa you have a choice-

choice A- you send sponsor's passport
Choice B- you photocopy (colour or black and white) EVERY page of the sponsors passport and send that instead (every page means every page, even the blank ones)

Entirely your decision.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.