Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, one way tickets booked for our flight to Paphos on 06 July,excitement high... our family pet, Cat, is due to fly out on 08 July, planned arrival approx 1530 in the afternoon. She has the pre-requisite Pets Passport & will receive her Health Certificate just before she flies, all handled by the pet carriers. Our concern, hopefully unfounded, is that the process of collection from Paphos airport will not be quite straight forward. Has anyone recently collected a pet from Paphos airport, if so was the experience uneventful? Are there any pitfalls we should be aware of. We have written to the port Vetinary service but have received nothing in return, appreciate this is not indicative of anything untoward.

Regards....Julie & Steve

·
Registered
581 Posts
I can't speak to Paphos Airport, but my cat came through Larnaca Airport at the end of August 2014 and everything was dead simple. We had all the paperwork prepared and wasn't even asked for any of it. Turned out to be much simpler than expected.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:fingerscrossed:
I can't speak to Paphos Airport, but my cat came through Larnaca Airport at the end of August 2014 and everything was dead simple. We had all the paperwork prepared and wasn't even asked for any of it. Turned out to be much simpler than expected.
Fingers crossed it is straightforward as your experience...thanks Zach

·
Registered
581 Posts
Both airports are run by the same company so it should be a similar experience. You said your cat is flying out 2 days later than you - is someone bringing it out, or is it being sent alone? I had someone bring my cat about 2 weeks after I got here and moved in, so that could be a difference in our experiences.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Both airports are run by the same company so it should be a similar experience. You said your cat is flying out 2 days later than you - is someone bringing it out, or is it being sent alone? I had someone bring my cat about 2 weeks after I got here and moved in, so that could be a difference in our experiences.
Unfortunately she has to travel out in the hold, the UK is probably one of the very few countries within the EU that does not allow carriage within the cabin. Originally we were going to travel on the same flt but on reflection thought it better that we established ourselves a bit. We have lived previoulsy in Cyprus & brought 2 cats with us that time but it was almost 20 years ago...things have changed. Then they were subject to house quarantine in a building which had been inspected and deemed adequate by the vetinary services... sure everything will be ok.

·
Banned
1,576 Posts
Unfortunately she has to travel out in the hold, the UK is probably one of the very few countries within the EU that does not allow carriage within the cabin. Originally we were going to travel on the same flt but on reflection thought it better that we established ourselves a bit. We have lived previoulsy in Cyprus & brought 2 cats with us that time but it was almost 20 years ago...things have changed. Then they were subject to house quarantine in a building which had been inspected and deemed adequate by the vetinary services... sure everything will be ok.
It is very simple at the airport in Paphos. Just ask in information when you come there and they will tell you

1 - 8 of 8 Posts