Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might well have been covered in another thread, but as I cannot workout how to access ExpatForum's archive ( I am sure Bev will tell me !) Has anyone got some info as to how to apply for this grant ?
I seemed to have walked into some Catch 22 situation whereby I might have left UK for France just before I was eligible - you have to be over 60 years old, which I am comfortably (if that is the right word).

Anybody able to shed any light? Thanks, John

·
Administrator
50,765 Posts
To my knowledge there isn't a special "archives" section. Just go to the page that lists all the threads in the France forum and click on the "Search" item in the toolbar. That should allow you to search through everything that is available on the board (and it goes back to 2007).

We don't keep everything - but we do hang onto threads that contain solid information.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
This might well have been covered in another thread, but as I cannot workout how to access ExpatForum's archive ( I am sure Bev will tell me !) Has anyone got some info as to how to apply for this grant ?
I seemed to have walked into some Catch 22 situation whereby I might have left UK for France just before I was eligible - you have to be over 60 years old, which I am comfortably (if that is the right word).

Anybody able to shed any light? Thanks, John

I could be wrong, but I thought there was a new ruling that came out a while ago stating that you could only claim if you were eligible to claim before you left the UK???????

Jo xxx

·
Registered
82 Posts
I believe this is correct and the cold weather payment is not a benefit but an allowance that you are entitled too whether you are still working or not and whether you live in the UK or have moved to Europe BTW if you are eligible you get it automatically you do not apply for it.

Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.