Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there

I am looking to sponsor my partner who is Canadian for the 'Unmarried Visa' and fulfill all requirements but just having trouble with the cohabitation of at least 2 years. We both received NHS letters to my parent's address in which we were both staying 6 days after arriving in the UK.

The doctor's surgery where we registered have record of us both registering, my partner on the day we landed in the UK and myself a few days later (his got entered and mine just got delayed for some reason). I have contacted the GP and they are happy to provide written confirmation that we were both in attendance at the doctor surgery registering under my parent's address. This coupled with a letter from my dad (the home owner) confirming that we lived at that address for a 6 week period I am hoping will round out the 24 months.

Is this something you think will be acceptable?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts