Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read the sticky threads but would like to try to get a further feel for any issues with cohabitation.

I am moving to Dubai in March and wish to bring my fiance with me. Work will be putting me up in a hotel until I find accomodation - hotels don't appear to be an issue as they don't seem to ask for proof of marriage. But when it comes to renting an apartment do I just say we are married, or is some kind of proof required?

Realistically will we encounter many issues, I appreciate that strictly speaking we would be breaking Shariah law?

·
Banned
598 Posts
Thats not your biggest problem. You wont beable to sponsor her as you are not married. Does she have a job here allready? If not then she will be on a 30day visit visa.

·
Registered
25 Posts
i was co-habiting with my girlfriend for 2 years in abu dhabi, but when renting always referred to her as my wife. nobody ever asked for proof and never had problems. just remember that it is against the law here. neither of you are muslim?
now we are married and can actually (legally) hold hands when walking outside ;-)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.