Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mods, a fellow Residence Card expectant called the HO today to confirm his application address change, and while he was at it he was told by the HO officer that given the shortage in staff and the introduction of the new forms, the 6 month waiting period is more likely to be between 7 and 8 months.

The COA states that it is valid for work purposes until the residence is issued, or, until all appeal instances have been tried.

However, it also says that potential employers should only accept it within 6 months of the date of issue, which means, it would be necessary to get a new COA to ensure it is always within those 6 months, correct?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Normally residence card should be issued within 6 months, and that's what EU requires, but Home Office will say they are doing their best but cannot meet the deadline. You are in a pickle - just hope your employer will have patience to wait for your residence card. No need to send in another application or request another COA. Rules cannot possibly apply rigidly in case of factors beyond control, such as a sudden huge rise in applications.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Joppa, I was under the impression that my COA always needed to be within 6 months of the date it was issued.

As you say, it is a pickle, two offers were frozen due to my residence card not being here, let´s hope the third is a charm and they can see past it!

Thanks as always!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.