Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm hoping this website will be my tool the next couple of months to (fingers crossed) successfully do my fiancee visa. In short, my partner is British and I'm American. We've been together 3 years. She had lived in the US for 6 years and had to move back. She is at the age of 48 starting all over again. As am I. But luckily with our degrees I think we will be okay long-term...

**Here's my question and concern. We can prove and fill out the fiancee visa just fine except for the part that it talks about money and savings. She has a full-time job nursing and I have a job offer with a sign up bonus that I can start as soon as we're married but we don't have any savings really... Do I need to look into co-sponsorships? Where can I find info on this?

Thank you so much!

·
Super Moderator
18,065 Posts
Hello, I'm hoping this website will be my tool the next couple of months to (fingers crossed) successfully do my fiancee visa. In short, my partner is British and I'm American. We've been together 3 years. She had lived in the US for 6 years and had to move back. She is at the age of 48 starting all over again. As am I. But luckily with our degrees I think we will be okay long-term...

**Here's my question and concern. We can prove and fill out the fiancee visa just fine except for the part that it talks about money and savings. She has a full-time job nursing and I have a job offer with a sign up bonus that I can start as soon as we're married but we don't have any savings really... Do I need to look into co-sponsorships? Where can I find info on this?

Thank you so much!
As I replied in your other post, at the moment, your fiance has to show that she has £111.45/week leftover after paying rent or mortgage and council tax. This can be from income from a job, savings or a combination of the 2. Does she have that amount? If she does, it's really not necessary to have a co-sponsor.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe she does have that amount though it will be tight. Is it strictly the 111.45 regardless if her 14 year old dependent daughter lives with her? Thanks again for your time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.