Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi guys,
I aimed for a direct grant, but now I got the CO contact. I am very unhappy because it feels like the CO didn't look carefully enough to avoid it.

The apparently unsufficent information that is requested by the CO is regarding the De Facto relationship to my girlfriend.

The letter says:

Evidence of your relationship with your de facto partner
Please provide further supporting documents (see Request details below for your
information) & explain why you have a different address with your partner.
Note: according to your lease/rental agreement dated 7 Sep. 2017, it says
With this letter we confirm that the rental agreement between the registered
lessees
Ms <SNIP> personal information
Mr <SNIP> kaju/moderator
Concerning the property: <SNIP>
14*** Berlin
was signed on the 29/12/2015 and exists up to today. The rental relationship
began on 01/01/2016. No cancellation has been made up to today.
However, both your Form 80s and German Police clearance show you have a different
address with your partner

It is true, that we have different registered addresses. But I explained the reason why that is and it seems like the CO didn't took this explanation into consideration. In Form 80 I provided this crucial information under Part T - Additional information.

I wrote:
I have changed my official registration address to <SNIP> to qualify for employer-related travel expenses while my work location remained Ber***. However, the leased apartment in<SNIP> Berlin enables my girlfriend and me to stay together permanently and be close to our work locations.

Additionally I have attached the lease agreement, one declaration by my mother and another one by friends to witness the fact that we live in Berlin together. Also, I have attached the contract with my employer which states that my work location is Berlin.

I could have written down Berlin as my actual address, but it would contradict with the address on my ID and Police clearance. As I said the official registered address is in Bitterfeld while the girlfriend's is in Berlin. I had to change it to <SNIP> to qualifiy for a higher salary from my employer (comparable to Australian Fly-In Fly-Out scheme).

Very frustrated! Please help!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi emp0mat,

I have lodged my request couple of days back and in process of submitting the documents, and in a similar situation as yours.
Mine and my wife's current address proofs have different address. Though I have submitted our marriage certificate, I dread CO will come back to me on the same issue.
Can you let me know more on the content of the declaration from your mother. Was it notarized or just self attested?

Thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
assessment by family of applicant

Hi JayJJ,
thanks for your reply.

The statement by my mother is self attested and has the following writing.

As the mother of <SNIP> I can confirm that my son is living in a domestic partnership with <SNIP> in Berlin. <SNIP> and <SNIP> met in April 2013. Earlier that year <SNIP> decided to go to Australia for a Working Holiday. In September 2014, <SNIP> joined T*** along his travels across Australia and they committed to a relationship. In March 2014, I and my son <SNIP> (<SNIP>’s brother) travelled to Australia to meet <SNIP> and get to know his girlfriend <SNIP>. They lived in Byron Bay, NSW and showed us around. It was clear that the relationship was serious to the exclusion of all others. In December 2015 my son and <SNIP> came back to Germany and celebrated Christmas with us. They live and work in Berlin since then and intend to move to Australia to start a family together.

The thing is, I have provided a reason why, so I don't know what to answer the CO as he asked for an explanation...

1. Should I get those statements notarised?

2. Should I get another statement by my brother, who lives in the same house in Berlin? He could take a photo of my company vehicle which only I am allowed to drive standing in front of the address where my partner and I live. As this situation is work-related it would make sense. The name of the company is on the vehicle and the DIBP has my employment contract with this company.

3. I have a letter from the bank directed to the apartment in Berlin and an insurance letter. Should I get those translated and upload them?

4. Should my girlfriend change the address to the same place I am registered? I would cancel the lease on the apartment as well to show that this apartment is no longer ours as we want to move to Australia as soon as possible and don't want to be caught up with a notice period. I would have to sent a form to prove change of address with an cancellation letter by the landlord.

However, after going through the options I realised there is one thing I will definitely do and that is pointing out the phrase under Part T - Additional Information, where I said that I have changed my official registration address due to work related advantages. I can't believe the CO hasn't mentioned it in the request and obviously didn't take that into consideration...

·
Registered
367 Posts
Hi guys,
I aimed for a direct grant, but now I got the CO contact. I am very unhappy because it feels like the CO didn't look carefully enough to avoid it.

The apparently unsufficent information that is requested by the CO is regarding the De Facto relationship to my girlfriend.

The letter says:

lessees
<SNIP>
<SNIP>
Concerning the property: <SNIP> Berlin
However, both your Form 80s and German Police clearance show you have a different

It is true, that we have different registered addresses. But I explained the reason why that is and it seems like the CO didn't took this explanation into consideration. In Form 80 I provided this crucial information under Part T - Additional information.

I wrote:
I have changed my official registration address to <SNIP> to qualify for employer-related travel expenses while my work location remained Ber***. However, the leased apartment in <SNIP> enables my girlfriend and me to stay together permanently and be close to our work locations.

Additionally I have attached the lease agreement, one declaration by my mother and another one by friends to witness the fact that we live in Berlin together. Also, I have attached the contract with my employer which states that my work location is Berlin.

I could have written down Berlin as my actual address, but it would contradict with the address on my ID and Police clearance. As I said the official registered address is in <SNIP>while the girlfriend's is in Berlin. I had to change it to <SNIP> to qualifiy for a higher salary from my employer (comparable to Australian Fly-In Fly-Out scheme).

Mate,

IMHO, create affidavit from yourself and one from your partner explaining the reason for having different registered addresses. In this clearly state that you two reside at your common residence but still maintain different registered addresses for the different reasons which you quoted. Collect any document that mentions both of you and has your common address on it (home /vehicle/medical insurance). Merge all of these documents into one single PDF with a table of content and bookmarks clearly showing the different items the PDF has in it. Name the PDF as ' stat_decl_and_othr_evdnce_explaining_address' and upload it as a proof of relationship document under your partner's list. If possible also add a cover note explaining the document.

IMO, If needed go one step more and create an PDF album of pictures of yourself and your partner from over the years that you two have been together and upload that as well under relationship proof.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: emp0mat

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks AmazingTiger

I just consulted with my girlfriend and we came to the same conclusion.

Ultimately, I have to prove that I live there since my girl is registered there.

I found:
  • two post cards from her parents addressed to the common address with our both names on them
  • two letters addressed to me in the common address (one from the bank, one from insurance)

Also, I will add:
  • pay slips from the month I qualified for travel expenses for the first time and the month before to prove the stated fact is true
  • evidence of joint bank account to satisfy financial requirement

As I have already provided lots of evidence for the de facto requirement I will make screenshots of them and allocate them to the categories (financial, social, household, etc.) in the PDF.

Ah, and I already provided a stretch of photos of us. I literally sent them everything... That CO contact is truly unnecessary.

Can you please just advise me what an affidavit is?

·
Registered
321 Posts
You should not get any statements notarised. May be they didnt understand your first explanation. Do it again and explain that its your registered address but physically you live at another address with your girlfriend.

Wish you al the success. To proof de facto relationship is the most complicated part. Honestly, I thought my hairs will become grey before we get all necessary evidences...)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi JayJJ,
thanks for your reply.

As the mother of <SNIP> I can confirm that my son is living in a domestic partnership with <SNIP> in Berlin. <SNIP> and <SNIP> met in April 2013. Earlier that year <SNIP> decided to go to Australia for a Working Holiday. In September 2014, <SNIP> joined T*** along his travels across Australia and they committed to a relationship. In March 2014, I and my son <SNIP> (<SNIP>’s brother) travelled to Australia to meet <SNIP>and get to know his girlfriend <SNIP>. They lived in Byron Bay, NSW and showed us around. It was clear that the relationship was serious to the exclusion of all others. In December 2015 my son and <SNIP> came back to Germany and celebrated Christmas with us. They live and work in Berlin since then and intend to move to Australia to start a family together.

The thing is, I have provided a reason why, so I don't know what to answer the CO as he asked for an explanation...

2. Should I get another statement by my brother, who lives in the same house in Berlin? He could take a photo of my company vehicle which only I am allowed to drive standing in front of the address where my partner and I live. As this situation is work-related it would make sense. The name of the company is on the vehicle and the DIBP has my employment contract with this company.

3. I have a letter from the bank directed to the apartment in Berlin and an insurance letter. Should I get those translated and upload them?

4. Should my girlfriend change the address to the same place I am registered? I would cancel the lease on the apartment as well to show that this apartment is no longer ours as we want to move to Australia as soon as possible and don't want to be caught up with a notice period. I would have to sent a form to prove change of address with an cancellation letter by the landlord.

However, after going through the options I realised there is one thing I will definitely do and that is pointing out the phrase under Part T - Additional Information, where I said that I have changed my official registration address due to work related advantages. I can't believe the CO hasn't mentioned it in the request and obviously didn't take that into consideration...
Thanks. I managed to get a statement from my wife's office HR stating address in company letter head. I hope this and our marriage certificate should suffice.

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
Hi guys,

The letter says:

lessees
<SNIP>
<SNIP>
Concerning the property: <SNIP>

I wrote:
I have changed my official registration address to <SNIP> to qualify for employer-related travel expenses while my work location remained Ber***. However, the leased apartment in <SNIP> enables my girlfriend and me to stay together permanently and be close to our work locations.

I could have written down Berlin as my actual address, but it would contradict with the address on my ID and Police clearance. As I said the official registered address is in <SNIP> while the girlfriend's is in Berlin. I had to change it to <SNIP>to qualifiy for a higher salary from my employer (comparable to Australian Fly-In Fly-Out scheme).

Hmmm, it seems CO has overlooked your explanation in form 80,

Draft a letter mentioning the thing again and highlight that you have given this information in form 80 submitted to dibp on DD.mm.yy,

Additionally, give more proofs of relationship with your de facto partner, like bank account statements, club membership etc which strengthen your relation

Once again Try to explain, why you have rent agreement at different address and PCC from different address

Don't be annoyed, it could be sorted out

Also seek advice from other experts and take action accordingly

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
Mate,

IMHO, create affidavit from yourself and one from your partner explaining the reason for having different registered addresses. In this clearly state that you two reside at your common residence but still maintain different registered addresses for the different reasons which you quoted. Collect any document that mentions both of you and has your common address on it (home /vehicle/medical insurance). Merge all of these documents into one single PDF with a table of content and bookmarks clearly showing the different items the PDF has in it. Name the PDF as ' stat_decl_and_othr_evdnce_explaining_address' and upload it as a proof of relationship document under your partner's list. If possible also add a cover note explaining the document.

IMO, If needed go one step more and create an PDF album of pictures of yourself and your partner from over the years that you two have been together and upload that as well under relationship proof.

Appreciate your tips

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: AmazingTiger

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Hi JayJJ,
thanks for your reply.

As the mother of <SNIP> I can confirm that my son is living in a domestic partnership with <SNIP> in Berlin. <SNIP> and <SNIP> met in April 2013. Earlier that year <SNIP> decided to go to Australia for a Working Holiday. In September 2014, <SNIP> joined <SNIP> along his travels across Australia and they committed to a relationship. In March 2014, I and my son <SNIP> (<SNIP>s brother) travelled to Australia to meet <SNIP> and get to know his girlfriend <SNIP>. They lived in Byron Bay, NSW and showed us around. It was clear that the relationship was serious to the exclusion of all others. In December 2015 my son and <SNIP> came back to Germany and celebrated Christmas with us. They live and work in Berlin since then and intend to move to Australia to start a family together.

Bummer, so you're registered at another address so you can take travel expenses from your employer? That's bad karma indeed. Do you have anything like health insurance, bank accounts, utility bills, etc. with your name registered at the address with your partner? They might be drawing the conclusion that although you spend a lot of time together, you haven't yet taken the decision to give up your indepedent assets. What's happening at the other address? Is your post forwarded? Is there someone else renting the place?

EDIT: Sorry, just saw your mention of the letters. I think having them translated and sent would help your case greatly. IMO what they might perceive is that you are partners, but that you haven't become serious de facto partners as you are still maintaining your own independent life in case "things don't work out".

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bummer, so you're registered at another address so you can take travel expenses from your employer? That's bad karma indeed. Do you have anything like health insurance, bank accounts, utility bills, etc. with your name registered at the address with your partner? They might be drawing the conclusion that although you spend a lot of time together, you haven't yet taken the decision to give up your indepedent assets. What's happening at the other address? Is your post forwarded? Is there someone else renting the place?

EDIT: Sorry, just saw your mention of the letters. I think having them translated and sent would help your case greatly. IMO what they might perceive is that you are partners, but that you haven't become serious de facto partners as you are still maintaining your own independent life in case "things don't work out".
Hey guys,

thanks a lot for your support.

FFacs, yeah that's bad Karma indeed. However, in exchange I told my employer I will work for them longer if this arrangement will be made. They were fine with it.

In order to prove that we have no independent assets I explained that my mother resides at the address where I registered at. So this place is actually my own house, but I don't live there. I can't give it up as an asset, because it's family occupied.

I also mentioned that we share a bank account from now on to show we satisfy the financial requirement.

·
Registered
11,349 Posts
Hi guys,

The letter says:

lessees
Ms <SNIP>
Mr <SNIP>
Concerning the property: <SNIP> Berlin

I wrote:
I have changed my official registration address to <SNIP> to qualify for employer-related travel expenses while my work location remained Ber***. However, the leased apartment in <SNIP> Berlin enables my girlfriend and me to stay together permanently and be close to our work locations.

I could have written down Berlin as my actual address, but it would contradict with the address on my ID and Police clearance. As I said the official registered address is in <SNIP> while the girlfriend's is in Berlin. I had to change it to <SNIP> to qualifiy for a higher salary from my employer (comparable to Australian Fly-In Fly-Out scheme).

Hallo!

That's tricky.

I don't have much knowledge in this area, but I would personally do the following:

1. Attache a new LOE (Letter of Explanation): explaining all just like you did above.

2. Attach as much additional information as you possible can in support of your claim, like any recent joint holidays invoices/photos/hotel bills, telephone records showing sms and calls to each other and similar documents.

3. Attach an explanation of employer (not sure if it will be possible) that moving to a new location will result in reduction of your pay.

4. Maybe spend 100-200 Euros on consultation with Agent.

All the best!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mate,

What is an Affidavit? Is it just a written answer by myself or do I need to get this notarised?

Also: I understand that I will have to upload the new documents. In the email of the CO it says "you have to answer in writing to the contact Details below."

So do I have to send my written Statement in an email to [email protected]? Or do I have to send it by post?

·
Registered
367 Posts
What is an Affidavit? Is it just a written answer by myself or do I need to get this notarised?

Also: I understand that I will have to upload the new documents. In the email of the CO it says "you have to answer in writing to the contact Details below."

So do I have to send my written Statement in an email to [email protected]? Or do I have to send it by post?
Definition of what constitutes an affidavit is governed by the practices in your usual country of residence. I assume that is Germany for you.

It may be as simple as a sworn statement on a standard piece of paper signed in front of a notary/lawyer and notarized by that person.

·
Registered
367 Posts

For the second part of your question : you will need to upload the document. No need to email or send by post. Yes, the wordings in the CO letter can lead you to believe so, but there is absolutely no need to do anything more than uploading the requested information and pressing the IP button.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Hi friends,
I'm facing two problems right now:

1. My mother has unexpectedly died last Friday. I don't want to further go into detail and try to focus on the facts, even though it's merely possible for me emotionally.

I mentioned her in Form 80 as a parent and I also have a signed statement of her to prove the de facto relationship to my partner along with my visa application.

Do I need to fill out a change of information statement? Which form is it? Will the satisfy the department? Do I need to make further explanations or fill further forms?

2. After the 28 days I am supposed to provide further information on the described issues. This deadline expires in 7 days.

For the US PCC for my partner my credit card has been charged on the 25/10/17. We still have no PCC. The CO request says:

If you are unable to obtain a police certificate it is in your best interest to demonstrate to us, with documentary evidence where possible, that you have made a genuine attempt to obtain the relevant certificate(s). If we are satisfied that you are unable to obtain a police certificate(s) and have made a genuine attempt to do so then a waiver of this requirement may be granted.

Can I send them a screenshot of my online banking, so they can see the charging of my credit card from the FBI?

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
11,349 Posts
Hi friends,

1. My mother has unexpectedly died last Friday. I don't want to further go into detail and try to focus on the facts, even though it's merely possible for me emotionally.

I mentioned her in Form 80 as a parent and I also have a signed statement of her to prove the de facto relationship to my partner along with my visa application.

Do I need to fill out a change of information statement? Which form is it? Will the satisfy the department? Do I need to make further explanations or fill further forms?

2. After the 28 days I am supposed to provide further information on the described issues. This deadline expires in 7 days.

For the US PCC for my partner my credit card has been charged on the 25/10/17. We still have no PCC. The CO request says:

If you are unable to obtain a police certificate it is in your best interest to demonstrate to us, with documentary evidence where possible, that you have made a genuine attempt to obtain the relevant certificate(s). If we are satisfied that you are unable to obtain a police certificate(s) and have made a genuine attempt to do so then a waiver of this requirement may be granted.

Can I send them a screenshot of my online banking, so they can see the charging of my credit card from the FBI?

Thanks a lot.
I am sorry to hear about your mother. Please accept my condolences.

1. You can use update us link in myimmi account to notify your CO of the death.

2. You can do that, just highlight the transaction and you can also refer to the current processing time of 12-14 weeks as per FBI web-site.

My FBI Summary Check arrived to my address in Freiburg about 2 weeks after card had been charged.

·
Registered
6,594 Posts
Hi friends,

Thanks a lot.
It is really sad to know about the unrecoverable loss in your life, May her soul rest in peace

you can inform the department regarding change of this circumstance along with death certificate, although this doesnt impacts the visa application very much, but it is good to keep them updated just because she signed the statement regarding your de-facto partner

regarding the evidence for obtaining US PCC - dont send the screenshot, instead get a pdf statement of your credit card transaction and upload that. i hope it reflects money is charged for US PCC/FBI PCC or something similar

·
Registered
55 Posts
intended marriage

Hi guys,

The letter says:

lessees
Ms ...
Mr ...
Concerning the property: <SNIP>Berlin

I wrote:

I could have written down Berlin as my actual address, but it would contradict with the address on my ID and Police clearance. As I said the official registered address is in <SNIP>while the girlfriend's is in Berlin. I had to change it to <SNIP> to qualifiy for a higher salary from my employer (comparable to Australian Fly-In Fly-Out scheme).

Hi everyone,
there is no new issue regarding this topic but I came across a new idea that I would like to share with you.

I uploaded a written statement and further evidence that I have been physically living in the apartment of my partner due to my work arrangements.

Now, I thought it might be a good idea to get engaged with my partner and upload a document of "intended marriage". Has anyone done that to prove a de facto relationship yet?

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Hi everyone,
there is no new issue regarding this topic but I came across a new idea that I would like to share with you.

I uploaded a written statement and further evidence that I have been physically living in the apartment of my partner due to my work arrangements.

Now, I thought it might be a good idea to get engaged with my partner and upload a document of "intended marriage". Has anyone done that to prove a de facto relationship yet?

Kind regards,
<SNIP>
It possibly would be considered a good form of evidence. However the fact that you sounds like you're getting engaged only for the purpose of a visa and you've included both your name and your partner's name in this thread where DHA could find it (they are known to follow immigration forums) may not be the best idea.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts