Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,
How much time does it take for a CO to be assigned when we submit 175 application online?Considering submission also includes uploading all the docs.

Also Once I apply for 175, can I also apply for 176? I assume that i wont have to pay extra while applying for 176.

Thanks.....

·
Registered
230 Posts
movetoaus said:
Dear all,
How much time does it take for a CO to be assigned when we submit 175 application online?Considering submission also includes uploading all the docs.

Also Once I apply for 175, can I also apply for 176? I assume that i wont have to pay extra while applying for 176.

Thanks.....
In my case, it took almost 6 months. I had applied online on 18-Oct-11 and my CO was assigned in April.

I am not sure if you are allowed to apply for both subclasses together. May be some of our senior members may have an answer to this.

·
Registered
4,518 Posts
CO assignment is currently taking 6-8 months.

Yes, you will have to pay again if you then apply for a 176 visa. Typically, if you wish to apply for 2 visas in parallel, you have the choice of withdrawing one application and then filing a new one, or you can apply for one online and do a paper submission for the other.

I do remember a while back that it was stated on the immigration website that if you want to apply for a 176 visa, you will need to withdraw your 175 application, pay a new fee and then file the new application. That rule was certainly in place when I applied for my visa but it seems of late, people are choosing to apply for both visas and fork out a small fortune in the process, so maybe that rule has been removed or relaxed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.