Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

We're going to Brisbane, should we take our clothes dryer or is a complete waste of space in Australia?

Thanks,
Busyte

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
It doesn't get used that much as the sunny days dry things fairly quickly (a couple hours and less wrinkles). Not to mention it's very eco-friendly.

The only time it gets used is the AU Winters (and when I didn't get the clothes outside before 2 PM).

If you already have a container and the space you can bring it, if it's a tight fit and you have other things you want to bring then leave it back there and buy a second hand one here (lots available, see www. gumtree.com.au)

Hi,

We're going to Brisbane, should we take our clothes dryer or is a complete waste of space in Australia?

Thanks,
Busyte

·
Registered
4 Posts
We are in Perth and I would say take it with you, especially if you have children. I didn't bring mine as thought it would be a waste of time but was soon surprised how much I needed one and had to go buy one

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Hi,

Nic - Please be aware that you are replying to a lot of old posts based around clothes - yes I've noticed and deleted your advertising post (please check forum rules).

Back to topic:
We've been here 3 years in South Australia and we don't use a dryer. We've got a cupboard built around one of the ceiling heating vents and that heats the clothes in winter.

Energy costs are quite expensive here so bear that in mind too.

Regards,
Karen

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
In the winter months I do use our dryer for bedding, bath towels etc. Don't really need it when its summer.I'm definitely glad I bought it with us though.

Dolly

1 - 5 of 5 Posts