Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just have a question if you guys can help me out.
I have an experience as an accountant for 2.5 years and an external auditor for 2.5 years outside australia and i want to apply for independent visa in australia.

My question is my accounting experience for 2.5 years and external auditor for 2.5 years are considered as closely related occupation?

I want to know if im considered in "skilled employment for at least five but less than eight years (of the past ten years)" so i can know if im eligible for the 10 points. I know i have to be assessed by CPA but i want to know before hand if anyone has any knowledge of this?
Please help
Thank you

·
Registered
1 Posts
Even I am facing this issue.

I have following experience:

- About 2.5 years as External Auditor
- About 2 years as Finance Lead - Accounts
- About 2.5 years as Internal Auditor

CPA Australia has assessed me for external audit positively for both qualification and employment but only for 2.5.

Can I change my category to Accountant and include other experience as well?

·
Registered
882 Posts
I just have a question if you guys can help me out.
I have an experience as an accountant for 2.5 years and an external auditor for 2.5 years outside australia and i want to apply for independent visa in australia.

My question is my accounting experience for 2.5 years and external auditor for 2.5 years are considered as closely related occupation?

I want to know if im considered in "skilled employment for at least five but less than eight years (of the past ten years)" so i can know if im eligible for the 10 points. I know i have to be assessed by CPA but i want to know before hand if anyone has any knowledge of this?
Please help
Thank you
My 2 cents worth of advises. Key difference between accounting and external audit is independent reporting. I'm afraid you will not get 5 years for either occupation. Also assessing body is known to minus experience. However all this is based on my experience, you should get it assessed to be sure

1 - 4 of 4 Posts