Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I had written to the NSW Skilled Immigration Team asking whether the process of inviting applicants is on hold or ongoing. They've replied saying, "Please note that we are currently reviewing the NSW 190 skilled occupation list for the 2017/18 program year. Updates will be published on our website in due course. I suggest you visit our website regularly."

So, hopefully all the 70 pointers should receive an invitation from NSW by next week. Also, within their signature, the website mentioned is NSW Department of Industry. I did go through this website, but, I couldn't find any page, where it shows about the number of invitations sent in the last few months and/or about the past/present/future invitation rounds (I am aware that their invitation process is not specific to any date).

Anyway let's hope for some good news soon. Have a good weekend everyone! :)

Thanks,

Suhail.
190 EOI Updated Date for NSW: 21-Jun-2017
Job Occupation: 261313 - Software Engineer
190 Points: 70

·
Registered
882 Posts
i am hearing 15th september is estimated date for new nsw 190 list.
I'm surprised that you didn't receive an invitation. We both have the same points

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
So, hopefully all the 70 pointers should receive an invitation from NSW by next week.
Unsure where you got this idea, but that is an unlikely scenario. NSW appear not to invite for all skills on a continuous basis. As best as I can understand they will have a number of occasions during the year where a particular skill will be invited. On those occasions they will invite based on a combination of points, English and experience. There is no "cut off" as such, but previous invites are those that with top end points for English, Experience or high end for both. Assuming that "all the 70 pointers" will get an invite is unrealistic I'm afraid.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If Internal Auditor stays in the Occupation List, is there any chance I could get an Invitation with 75+5 as the cut off for auditors is 75 and everyone would have 75+5 actually?

My DOE is end of August.

Kind Regards

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Unsure where you got this idea, but that is an unlikely scenario. NSW appear not to invite for all skills on a continuous basis. As best as I can understand they will have a number of occasions during the year where a particular skill will be invited. On those occasions they will invite based on a combination of points, English and experience. There is no "cut off" as such, but previous invites are those that with top end points for English, Experience or high end for both. Assuming that "all the 70 pointers" will get an invite is unrealistic I'm afraid.
Okay FFacs. I should've been clear. I meant 70 pointers belonging to 261313 - Software Engineer job stream. Let us see if I am successful next week. Any idea which job occupations are presently getting invited by NSW?

Thanks,

Suhail.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
If Internal Auditor stays in the Occupation List, is there any chance I could get an Invitation with 75+5 as the cut off for auditors is 75 and everyone would have 75+5 actually?

My DOE is end of August.

Kind Regards
How are your scores on English and experience?

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Okay FFacs. I should've been clear. I meant 70 pointers belonging to 261313 - Software Engineer job stream. Let us see if I am successful next week. Any idea which job occupations are presently getting invited by NSW?

Thanks,

Suhail.
Sadly no. They seem to just invite a batch from a particular skill, then no more for a while, then another batch. It's a competitive process, so for any one skill only a subset will be invited. Those with high scores for English and/or experience appear to be best placed. Those with high scores for age/partner skills and low for E&E tend to fair less well.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
English - 20 points
Experience - 10 points (5 years)
You're in with a pretty good shout. Don't take that to mean anything certain, but you'll be up there with the group who have a chance. Not everyone is going to have 75+5. There will be hundreds with <75 points hoping for something. Many of the 75 pointers will be content to wait for 189 rather than have the cost and obligations of 190. The 189 queue isn't sprinting through the 75 pointers, but those filing today would be expecting an invite before December, I would guess, so I can't imagine many file 190 EOI.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sadly no. They seem to just invite a batch from a particular skill, then no more for a while, then another batch. It's a competitive process, so for any one skill only a subset will be invited. Those with high scores for English and/or experience appear to be best placed. Those with high scores for age/partner skills and low for E&E tend to fair less well.
I am a previous UK Graduate/Resident. My English PTE-A scores are as follows: L:90, R:79, W:90 and S:90.

189 EOI Updated Date: 21-Jun-2017
190 EOI Created Date for VIC: 03-Jul-2017
189 Points: 65

Still awaiting an Invitation.

Thanks,

Suhail.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi mates,

NSW processing the cases. Can any one guide.

Thanks
Hi Asif,

Do you mean if NSW is reviewing the EOI's? Yes, but, I am not sure what job occupations are getting or will be getting invited. If you are asking about NSW processing times, then they do not have a specific date when they send invitations. It is an ongoing process and not restricted to any specific day/date. Hope this helps!

Regards,

Suhail.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Hello All,

I had written to the NSW Skilled Immigration Team asking whether the process of inviting applicants is on hold or ongoing. They've replied saying, "Please note that we are currently reviewing the NSW 190 skilled occupation list for the 2017/18 program year. Updates will be published on our website in due course. I suggest you visit our website regularly."

So, hopefully all the 70 pointers should receive an invitation from NSW by next week. Also, within their signature, the website mentioned is NSW Department of Industry. I did go through this website, but, I couldn't find any page, where it shows about the number of invitations sent in the last few months and/or about the past/present/future invitation rounds (I am aware that their invitation process is not specific to any date).

Anyway let's hope for some good news soon. Have a good weekend everyone! :)

Thanks,

Suhail.
This is a generic reply from NSW since July 2017.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hey everyone,

Sorry If this is not the exact place to ask this question, can anyone please tell me that on an average in a month or a year how many rounds are being conducted by the nsw for invitations, as it is pretty much unclear online.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
882 Posts
Hey everyone,

Sorry If this is not the exact place to ask this question, can anyone please tell me that on an average in a month or a year how many rounds are being conducted by the nsw for invitations, as it is pretty much unclear online.

Thanks in advance
the number of invitations by nsw is anybody's guess. ur right , theres no such info.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi All,

I'm new to this thread. I have checked my probable score to be 65-70 fr the post of Accountant as per my credentials. Still to give PTE.. Have been reading some other threads so came to know that ppl with 75 points will be hard to get 190 VISA.
can anyone clarify as to how much openings would come and when under 190 for Accountant post ?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts