Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have stayed in Australia for almost 14 months till now. My family is coming to Australia this week and I have a 2 year old kid who was born in India, hence he is not a PR. May I know what are the family or centrelink benefits I am eligible for?

Thanks in advance. Awaiting your response.

Regards
Kishore

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Hi All,

I have stayed in Australia for almost 14 months till now. My family is coming to Australia this week and I have a 2 year old kid who was born in India, hence he is not a PR. May I know what are the family or centrelink benefits I am eligible for?

Thanks in advance. Awaiting your response.

Regards
Kishore
I'm not an expert, and i think you might need one to avoid getting into some hot water here.

My understanding is that each individual needs to wait 104 weeks living in Australia. That means Australia is your home address. I doubt your wife would qualify as having lived in Australia so wouldn't qualify for another 2 years after arrival.

More to the point, i'm unsure how your child is going to enter the country with no PR. Did you get him some other sort of visa? Like I say, this is a potentially bad situation. I advise you to talk to a licensed agent.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello mate,

Thanks for your response. My son is coming here on a visitor visa. I am planning to apply for a child visa once he is here. Just wanted to understand that should both the partners have stayed for more than 2 years inorder to claim the benefits?

Regards
Kishore

1 - 3 of 3 Posts