Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Im a software professional with 5.5 years experience. I have my Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering. Hence to receive points for my work experience while applying for Australian PR i need to get my skill assessment done through RPL ( as I'm from non -iT background).

I have 2.5-3 years experience in India and since September 2014 (i.e 2.5 yrs +) I'm working in Melbourne. As far as i know RPL deducts initial 6 years experience for non-IT background persons. In that case all my experience will be marked as 0 or is there a chance considering 2.5+ years continuous Australian experience they will deduct less number of years?

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Since RPL requires 6 years and you have only 5.5, you will not receive a positive outcome and will end up losing money on the assessment. Wait until you complete a total of 6 years of work experience in your occupation before applying.

The 6 years to reach skill-met-date (i.e. deduction) will include your Australian experience too, and you therefore cannot include it to claim work points.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts