Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I worked in Company A from 2009 to 2012 in India and from 2012 to 2014 in Australia for the same company. My company is ready to give me reference letter from 2009 to 2014 on company letter head with the Company's India address. That being said, they will not mention I worked in Australia (but I can prove with Tax Statements/Payslips/Bank Stmts).

My question is,

1. If I Go with Company reference letter, ACS result will state that I worked in India. In that case,Can I mention in the EOI application that I worked both in India and Australia? Kindly advise if this will create any problem.

2.Given the above scenario,Should I get the company provided reference letter or go for Statutory Declaration?

Thanks in Advance,

Deepan.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
1. In the ACS online tool, have 2 episodes (split by location) of your work at the same company and use the same reference in both (may have to rename the same pdf file accordingly).
2. Would be a good idea to get an additional reference to prove your Australian work experience- say a letter from your client whom you worked for; if not then skip the idea of a SD because self statutory declarations aren't accepted by ACS and instead supplement a few pages as evidence of having worked in Australia- the Australian payslips, etc. that you have.

ACS result will state the work location and episodes exactly as you input in their online tool (#1) and not based on the reference letter or address on the letterhead. My ACS result for instance- the list of designations as you can see in there is exactly how I had input in the tool and this is not how my SD/ reference mentioned it.

Also, they prefer that your reference letter states the location but I've seen them being lenient towards this requirement (mine as you can see is listed as all being in India, but I had worked about half a decade in a few European countries). I however don't know if they will be just as lenient when the work split is between any other country and Australia, because Australian work experience counts differently in the points table. I hope they don't mind because EOI and points is a DIBP thing, ACS should only be concerned about matching your education and skills.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts