Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning to apply for skill assessment with ACS sometime soon and would like some advice on my scenario.

I have total 8 years of work experience which is split as 6.4 years outside Australia and 1.8 yrs in Australia. Because my graduation had ICT subjects, I am expecting to have only 2 years deducted from my total work experience.

Now, ACS doesn’t speak the point language. I spoke on the help support number and they mentioned that they would clearly mention the out of Australia experience and Australia experience in their results.

The big mystery is how will my points get calculated. I can think of possible 2 scenarios :

Scenario 1 >Offshore : 6.4 - 2 = 4.4 yrs. ( 5 Points) and Australia : 1 yr (5pts). In this scenario I don’t know what happens to my remaining 8 months of Australia experience as its under 3 years.

Scenario 2 > Australia : 1yr (5pts). Offshore : 4.4 years + 8 Months =5 (10 points). This is assuming that they would count the remaining 8 months in my offshore experience and I get extra 5 points for that.

Can anybody please help on these experience calculations?

·
Registered
23,934 Posts
Hi,

Could you please shed some light on your points calculation based on onsite and offshore experience
This is a 2 year old thread

The member would probably not even be the on the forum

Post your query in a new thread with all the details

Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts