Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have previously asked a question, which was answered well (thank you!) but I now fear I am overthinking the application and would like some clarification on the financial requirement.

My husband (from UK) and myself have an in-person appointment in a few days for our first application of FLR M.

I am currently on a Tier 2 visa. Both my husband and myself work and we both make over the financial requirement without combining incomes.

For Section 7.3, we are relying on sponsor's income simply because he makes more money than me and figured putting in one income would make the application more streamlined. So I am going to leave my column blank and only fill in his employment details and submit his documents.

HOWEVER, I have read conflicting information regarding MY compliance on Tier 2. Some people have said to include 6 month payslips, bank statements, employer letter, contract and/or P60 for MY job anyway despite not using my income toward financial requirement.

I have these documents in the secondary documents section with a note saying "tier 2 compliance" for our application.

Please kindly advise on the following:

1. Is it okay for us to only use my sponsor's income despite my being on Tier 2?
2. Do I need to submit my employment information as part of entire application package or just bring them with me in case they are asked for?
3. Is this submission of documents for tier 2 compliance only for posted applications instead of in-person appointments?

Thank you so much for your help. It's very much appreciated. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why don't you just use your income for FLR(M) and then you're covered either way?
I was under the impression sponsor's income meant more than applicant? I was originally going to just combine our incomes and include both but then was told not to include mine and only include my husband's. I guess I should probably just go back to my original plan and combine them...?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Assuming you're earning over the £18,600 required and you're working here legally, which you are - that's all they care about. You're over thinking it, just use yours and don't add anything extra that could confuse the ECO.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Assuming you're earning over the £18,600 required and you're working here legally, which you are - that's all they care about. You're over thinking it, just use yours and don't add anything extra that could confuse the ECO.
Yes, I am making £24,000 and definitely compliant. Okay, will do this to make things easier for them. Thank you for your help. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.