Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!

So I was going through all of the documentation again about the EEA family pass and I came across this:
(c) his or her personal conduct has been such that it would be contrary to public policy or would endanger public security to grant him or her permission to enter the State.

It is one of the few things that could cause a refusal of entry. But I have looked and cannot find a single thing that explains what being contrary to public policy would be explained? Does public policy mean something as daft as an unpaid parking ticket or outstanding bills? Or is it something more serious along the lines of you've had criminal activities?

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
Under EEA rules, it must be something really major like being a terrorist suspect, extreme political agitator (e.g. French far right leader Jean-Marie Le Pen), convicted drug trafficker, that sort of thing. The decision to deny someone's EEA right must be taken personally high up in the government, such as Home Secretary. I think in the past Provisional IRA leaders, as Irish therefore EU citizens, were denied entry to UK on such grounds.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's awesome to know! The phrasing made me a bit like eek what if you ever had like a late payment on a bill or something!!

Thanks Joppa, again!

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
EEA citizen's rights are pretty robust and guaranteed by the treaty to which all members have signed up to. Even previous domestic immigration offence per se cannot be used for the sole reason of excluding someone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.